chapter 13: foxface

I woke up before Cato and cut again. Thresh was dead and I couldnt take it. I wanted to die. The only reason I'm not killing myself is for Cato. He is the only reason I'm alive.

"Ready to go?" He asked me.

"Cornucopia?" I asked.

"Its ending today," he reminded me.

I looked at my locket one last time before we started towards the middle. I had my knives ready, she was sneaky. Clever. Could kill without you ever seeing her. That's what scared me.

It became nighttime before we could even reach there. I guess the people are done with it.

"Cato, no matter what your getting out of these games," I told him.

"So are you Jas," he said, putting his arm around me, drawing me closer.

I heard growling behind us. I turned to see thresh, but as a wolf. That's cruel capital, cruel. Behind him was the wolf supposed to be rue. Me and cato started sprinting through the woods as the mutant wolves chased us.

I had tears falling down my face as I kept up with cato. We finally reached to the cornucopia and we climbed up. I saw Foxface climbing up the other side.

"This is how it ends huh. Guess it's time to break up the star crossed lovers," she sneered.

"Good luch with that, bitch," I said throwing a knife.

She anticipated it and ducked, pulling out an axe. She came at me slicing. Cato tried to draw his sword, but she was to quick.

I started to panic, I didnt make it this far to die. She game at me again and I drew put thresh's cresent sword cato gave me. I ducked and swung the knife avoiding her. I hit her foot and she toppled off the cornucopia off into the wolves.

I knew the capital couldnt let her have a quick death. I drew on of my last knife and threw it at her hearts. I heard a cannon not a second later.

"Baby, you did it," cato said hugging me as I fell into his arms. I killed so many people. So many families have children in a box because of me.

"The rule about two Victors has been expired. May the odds be ever in your favor," I heard the gamemakers cry.

"Kiss me," I said and brought his lips to mine.

I cried as his lips connected to mine. I couldn't kill him. I couldnt have him go home in a box. He didnt feel me draw out my knife.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, plunging the knife into me.

"Oh my God. No. Jasmine!" Cato cried.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you to. Please hold on," he said pulling me into his lap.

"Kiss me again," I told him. And he did.

The world around me went dark and j saw thresh.

"Take my hand Jasmine," he said reaching out.

I took his hand and followed him into the peaceful light. Away from the pain if my life.

Catos POV

I couldn't do this. I could live without her. I grabbed the knife out of her stomach and out it in my heart.

"Take that capital!" I said before I bled out.

There was no victor that year.