7 - Bentos & Blueprints

"Y/N?"

"Curry?"

You watch in amusement and anticipation as two heads perk the moment you step foot into the clearing past the thick line of trees acting as a nature-made wall for the pack. Seokjin's ears flick slightly on the top of his head before he turns to meet your gaze with an excited smile.

"That's not how you pronounce 'Y/N', Seok-ah," Yoongi teases from where he's sitting a couple of feet away from the two prey hybrids.

When your eyes glance over to the snow leopard hybrid, he's sporting a lazy smile while waiting for you to meet his gaze. Your smile widens slightly in a silent greeting before your eyes catch sight of Jimin sitting next to him.

The fox hybrid is avoiding your gaze, but you can decipher the small scowl that's threatening to pull on his lips right now. It's then when you also notice the firm grasp Yoongi has on him. Their two hands are intertwined together, but you can tell, even from the distance you're approaching from, that the older hybrid is putting some strength into the hold to keep the younger hybrid by his side.

"I-" Hoseok stutters in embarrassment. His curved brown ears are flicking quickly as he turns to look at you with a sheepish smile. "I just thought I smelled curry. But I'm very happy to see you, Y/N."

"I'm happy to see you too, Hoseok," you giggle.

"Well, Hobi," Namjoon calls out proudly as he walks next to you while carrying all eight takeout bentos. "You smelled correct because Y/N brought us some lunch."

"And some more goodies," Taehyung chirps happily as he and Jungkook trail behind you with their arms full of bags of said supplies.

"Oh, Y/N!" Seokjin gasps dramatically as he rises from his seat to help the younger two hybrids unpack everything. "You didn't have to do all of this for us! How can we repay you?"

"Nonsense," you wave him off easily. "I don't expect you guys to repay me. I brought all of these because I wanted to."

"Oh, you're so sweet, I could bite you," Jungkook sighs dreamily. The six other hybrids seem unphased by the youngest's rather odd statement - although Jimin does narrow his eyes at the black panther hybrid. You, on the other hand, freeze in shock at his bizarre confession.

You're torn between feeling flattered and scared. His tone had indicated that he means no harm and the smile on his face tells you it was supposed to be a compliment. But, at the end of the day, he is still a predator hybrid with large and sharp teeth that can easily hurt you within seconds.

"Kookie has a biting problem," Namjoon chuckles softly under his breath when he notices your tense form. "He usually resorts to biting if he's feeling emotionally overwhelmed and or in need of attention. But don't worry, he never bites down hard enough to actually pierce your skin. Just enough so that you feel some pressure and you give him attention."

"O-oh, I see," you nod slowly, feeling somewhat less nervous.

"Don't worry, he usually only does that to us," the white panther hybrid adds in reassurance when he can still hear the quickened beating of your heart. "Although, you are the only other person that has visited us since your grandfather..." he trails off causing you to chuckle nervously.

"Kook, we need to work on your people skills if you want Y/N to continue visiting us," Yoongi comments, lightening the mood while trying his best to keep from laughing out loud. "At this rate, you're going to scare her away."

"I'm sorry," Jungkook instantly apologizes, tone raising in slight alarm. "Is that not a normal thing to do? I'll fix my habit."

"As you can tell, Jungkookie has had the least interaction with humans out of all seven of us," Taehyung smirks with his striped tail waving teasingly behind him.