35 - Chocolate Cake

"Ms. Y/L/N! Ms. Y/L/N!"

Reporters swarm into the hallway the moment you exit the stage, all trying their best to push through the masses to get to you first.

"How long has your family been harboring these secrets?"

"Can you tell us more about your childhood?"

"Is it safe to assume you grew up with tremendous pressure from your parents? What was it like?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, please save your questions for another time. As you can imagine, Ms. Y/L/N has had a long day and deserves some rest," Director Sim cuts the reporters off as security guards rush into the hallway to keep everyone at a distance from you.

"Thank you all for your questions," you add with a kind smile. "I promise I will address them another day."

"Do you have someone we may contact to schedule an appointment with you?" one of the reporters asks which befuddles you for a moment.

You have been so preoccupied with preparing for the moment of becoming CEO and have not had the chance to think about what comes after.

"I am currently in the process of finding a secretary," you lie. "Once that person is hired, I will have them send you all an email about further interview queries. Since you were all specially invited tonight, we have your contact information on our guest list so I can assure you, you all will be the first to have these opportunities."

A chorus of thank you's sounds from the crowd and you can see that the people in the back are finally starting to dissipate. Just as you are about to turn around to head back to the room where your things are being kept, you hear some commotion come from nearby.

"Sir, you may not proceed any further. I'm going to have to ask you to step back," a security guard states firmly. When you turn your head, you find that the man is preventing Soobin from approaching you.

"We're Y/N's friends," a sassy voice cuts through. "You better let us pass unless you want to experience the wrath of our youngest cub."

"It's alright, they can come through," you call out from where you are, trying your hardest to hold back a chuckle.

"My apologies," the guard bows apologetically before letting the eight men past him.

"They're fools for not letting us through," Seokjin mutters disapprovingly under his breath as he approaches you with open arms.

"We're new faces, Seokjinie," you giggle, melting into his embrace within a heartbeat. "I'm meeting most of them for the first time today - not to mention that they've never met you guys before either."

"I know, I know," the sugar glider hybrid chuckles. "But they better recognize us next time. Otherwise, I think they're actually going to suffer from Jungkook's wrath."

"Move," Jungkook huffs right on cue. You bite back a laugh when the young panther hybrid physically pries the older male off you just so he can give you a hug of his own.

"Brat," Seokjin pouts but there's an endearing hint to his tone nonetheless.

"I'm so proud of you," Jungkook smiles widely, wrapping his arms around your waist to lift and spring you around in a few circles. Just as he sets you back down on the ground, your breath hitches in your throat when he begins leaning closer and closer to your face. His big doe eyes seem to sparkle brightly under the lights and he uses his nose to push gently against yours. Yet, just as the panther hybrid's lips ghost against yours, someone pulls him back by the collar of his shirt.