ix

Aone waited for the required time outside building K before All Might's earth-shattering voice gave her the 'ok' to proceed inside the building. 

Having seen Todoroki's little trick early in the game, Aone took precautions by veiling the soles of her feet in a coat of fire and levitating a few inches above the floor. 'Tch, getting predictable.' She thought when ice began menacingly crawling towards her from the end of the corridor. 

With a positively calm demeanor, she raised a single palm and placed it on the ice covered wall. Instantly, the frost melted around her palm and she closed her eyes. "Pretty strong heat signature coming from two floors up, corner room. Seems he doesn't fully understand my abilities, or else he would've insulated the room." She mumbled her thought process, already used to communicating it from training sessions with her brother. 

"Alright, let's end this quickly." 

With that, Aone shot out, not quite in full-inferno as only her shins were ignited in flames.

It was disappointingly easy to find Todoroki and conjure up a plan to defeat him. Her hand hovered over the knives on her sides, and suddenly fiery replicas surrounded her figure as she came into his line of vision. 

"Hey, Frozone." She grinned at the boy with the peppermint hair, hands raising simultaneously and enveloping in fire. Daggers hovered above her palms and circulated around her, capturing Todoroki's attention. He raised a brow at this new development. 

"Let's get this over with, huh?" 

Complying to her wishes, Todoroki charged and raised a palm, a wall of ice erupting from the ground that she leisurely dodged. "Woah, chill, Elsa. 'Else you're gonna make me mad." The mad grin from the entrance exam resurfaced and the fire around her burned brighter, daggers shooting out to her sides and crumbling the thick walls of ice like it was nothing.

Meanwhile, in the observation deck, people began losing their shit. "Wait, what is she saying?!" A student quickly asked when the girl placed her palm on the wall of the building. "She's sensing Todoroki's heat signature." Momo nodded, grinning and impressed by her new friend's thought process. "Woah," Sero mumbled. "She was prepared for Todoroki's ice attack." Jiro stated, pointing out her levitation. In an instant, all the students jumped in surprise at Aone's speed when she shot out in pursuit of her opponent. "Is she replicating her daggers with her fire?" Tokoyami observed, eyebrows raised in an impressed fashion. "Just how far does her fire quirk go?" All Might didn't bother answering, instead intently watching and listening to what was happening on screen. The girl was provoking Todoroki for sure, but so far it seemed fruitless. What was her plan?

Aone decided she was done playing as the clock neared the end of her session. "You're resistant to fire, right?" She genuinely asked, but when no response came, she proceeded regardless. Whips of flames began emerging from her body, rotating around on their own accord. She resembled a supernova. 

Each tendril shot out on its own, making its way at Todoroki. He raised ice shields, blocking himself from the attack but unsuspecting of the sneaky little buggers coming at him from each side. They wrapped around him, pinning his arms to his sides and steadily growing tighter. Steam rose from his left side, as well as in the room around him. 

As he struggled in the vine-like fire's grip, shooting ice projectiles at both them and her, Aone dodged each expertly and made her way to the faux weapon of mass destruction. "No hard feelings," she grinned at him, but in the end it seemed more like a grimace. From the corner of his eye, he could see blood staining her arm, blood that he definitely didn't pull from her body.