Chapter 2

WE ARE ON CHAPTER TWO YEET THANK YOU IF YOU ARE STILL READING! Drop a comment and a vote if you want more! 😝

*******************************************************

Raya peered cautiously into the temple, she didn't think there were actually people, but something prodded her to follow the rules her father had always told her. If you want to enter the temple, make sure the monks there allow you to do so, its called respect.

But there wasn't anyone there anyway, Raya pushed the door open fully, and saw little pots of candles laid on open scrolls, joss sticks that stopped burning that were poked into rice wrapped in banana leaves. Beside it laid some fruits. Ancient chanting music was playing in the background, Raya could not help but feel mystified by this setting. Tuk tuk, however, was just looking at the string of grapes on the plate.

"Okay, okay, so... book. Book. Book," Raya paced herself, scanning the room for a script, or scroll, or anything with words on it so she can study it. Raya, is hardworking, and focused, she wanted her Ba back, and she is not going to give up on finding Sisu, she has to find Sisu to fix all of this.

She spotted a table and ran to it. "Yesss!!!!" She jumped with glee when she found a small book and scrolls in the drawer and on the table. Tuk tuk heard her excitement and rolled quickly, and slammed onto her leg. Raya felt the bump and looked at dazed Tuk tuk and laughed, "Oh dragons, Tuk tuk, I just found some stuff that may help me get Sisu out of her sleep! Not really sleep, but get ready out from whatever river she is in now!"

Tuk tuk squeaked, he's so cute, Raya thought, and tickled his furry belly, and fiddled with his funny antennas sticking out under his shell.

"Looks like we got one studying to do!" She skipped back to her room, flopped on her queen size bed and carefully opened the scroll.

In front of her showed lines and lines of words she didn't understand. Probably some ancient Kumandra language, she pondered. She opened the other scrolls and laid them in a row on her bed. It was the same result. Pure confusion.

"What is this?? I can't read a shit here,"Raya cursed under her breath, and held up the book, "OH..."

Right smack there the book read: Dictionary for Ancient Kumandrean Language, Chanting. In tiny letters at the bottom wrote: For monks only.

But Raya flipped through it anyway, her eyes trying to absorb the different words and their meanings. "We got some translating to do," She announced. Tuk tuk sulked, he didn't like looking at words, he can't understand what they mean.

She looked at 'A', here where a whole bunch of words, with tiny printed meanings, and what they were in English. She didn't want to write on the scroll, so she took out another piece of paper.

But when she came back to her bed, she accidentally pressed her knee on one of the scrolls the thin paper ripped, and now there is a big tear in the middle.

"Oh fuck. Oh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...," Raya cursed, why is this so hard??? Why must she be so clumsy??

For the next few hours, Raya was trying to piece back the scroll with tape, the end result wasn't what she expected, the scroll looked entirely different from what it originally was. Luckily, the words wasn't changed, she could still see the funny writings on the scroll.

She looked at the first sentence, "Suvaa de draa sim". She looked this particular scroll as it had many dragon drawings on the sides of the scroll, plus, it gave even better descriptions on how the prayer is done.

Flipping to the letter 's' in the dictionary, Raya was unknowingly thinking of Namaari. She just, couldn't, get that name out of her mind, she felt angry, confused, still traumatised on what she has done to her. Friend? Ha, how dumb you were Raya, how dumb you were!

Raya trusted Namaari, she thought that she could finally, have a friend that is her age, has the same likes and hates, and a Sisu fan.

Raya felt, when talking to Namaari, pretty comfortable at first. Now that she knew Namaari's true intentions, she felt so lost. First, she lost her Ba. Second, she lost her friend.

But Raya actually thought Namaari still thought of her as a friend, considering the fact she gave her a Sisu pendant, the first thing that caught her eye the first few minutes when they talked. Maybe Namaari was forced to do this, to betray me, she thought. But she was still mad though, Namaari could've done it in a nicer way, instead of kicking her.

Maybe she could've just went like, "Hey Raya, not just being mean to Heart or anything, but can Fang take your Dragon gem away?" Sheesh, that is just plain idiotic. Why not like, "Hey I'm just gonna say this, I want that Dragon gem, give it to me will ya?" At least that sounded more reasonable.

But, does Namaari even want to be my friend? Raya stopped flipping the pages, her fingers starting to grip on the pages very tightly, the thin paper started to fold. That pendant, that pendant, was all that was whirling furiously in her mind.

WHY AM I EVEN THINKING OF HER?! Raya screamed in her thoughts. She stashed the pendant out of her pocket, and threw it across the room.

The pendant pinked off the wall and fell to the ground.

Raya huffed and continued focusing on her work, while Tuk tuk looked sadly at her, then at the pendant. He wanted to make his owner feel better, but he also felt sad for Namaai's pendant. He knew how angry Raya was, because he saw the whole fighting scene unfold, and he also got kicked by Namaari too.

Tuk tuk looked around the room, everything looked the same, but just that things were a little dusty from the damage from the other rooms. He crawled to Raya's dresser, which was filled with arm bands, different rings, necklaces and stuff that Raya never liked to wear.

Raya noticed wat he was doing, and took off her golden hair ring and looked at it, it brought back many memories. This was her favourite hair ring, with a cheeky smiley face carved in the centre, and it many other intricate works on the sides. This, was given by her Ba.

Her small fingers clenched around the ring, Ba, I'm gonna bring you back. I must bring you back.