Chapter 5

Heart~
Raya was tired, already. And so was Tuk tuk.

Riding her bike was the only mode of transport she had so she could reach the river ends faster, after 16 days of travelling, she didn't manage to find Sisu. "Come on Tuk look at the bright side—" she sighed as Tuk Tuk stopped rolling behind her, panting and whimpering, he couldn't keep up anymore. The bright side?? What is the bright side now?? Tuk tuk rolled his eyes and stretched out on the grass, he was just so tired —" at least we cleared two rivers, it's just 36 more to go... Guess I was wrong that there are hundreds of rivers to search..."

Their supply of food was running low, and the fact that Raya brought as much she could, that supply of food barely lasted them for about a week. For the other 9 days, they were eating one meal a day, drinking the water from the river. "Is this what is like to be living in the wild?" Raya whispered to herself, she was hungry, "Control it, you cannot finish up that remaining food, it's all you have left," she is training herself now how to endure that hunger.

"Let's go back first and get more food, once we are done searching Heart, we can get some money and go to Fang, that way, if we need food, we'll have to buy," Raya prodded Tuk tuk to start rolling back to the palace, they still needed to climb uphill, since their home was on the mountain.
************************************************************
Fang~

"Namaari! What's up with you? You are eating lesser than usual, your coach told me you were tired already after running ten laps around the training grounds, and you look distracted from work,' Chief Virana asked her daughter, who was now resting her head on her table.

Namaari was trying to focus on her normal life, but she just couldn't. "I... I don't know...," she wanted to cry, she never wanted to disappoint her mother.

Her mother bent down beside her, she knew how her daughter felt, after all, this, after all was planned out by her...

*On that day when they went to Heart*

The royal army trudged behind the rickshaw carrying the Chief and the princess, meanwhile, Chief Virana have planned something to get the priceless gem. She believed it will help Fang greatly, the dragon magic could make the plants grow faster and healthier, the land could finally eat rice everyday.

Looking at Chief Benja's letter, Virana knew Benja had a daughter. Huh, a daughter, an easier way to get that Gem, the plan formulated in her mind. Turning to her daughter, the Chief said gently, "Namaari, I need your help for this, you will help me right? After all, it is for Fang's future."

Namaari looked questionably at her mother, her mother's plans were good, and successful, so she nodded.

After hearing that plan halfway, Namaari was thrilled hearing her mother saying about the princess of Heart, "The chief of Heart has a daughter too? Wow! If we become good friends, can I come here when I'm free?" Namaari didn't have close friends, her pet was her good friend too, but why Namaari really wanted, other than finding Sisu, is finding a friend.

Her mother sighed, oh no, "No Namaari, yes, you can be friends with her. Until she leads you to the hidden place where the dragon gem is, then you have to inform me, you... can't be friends with an enemy Namaari." She saw her daughter's face drop with shock then disappointment.

Namaari said softly, "That means I have to betray her...?"

"Yes," came the grim reply.

Namaari bit her lip, she has to do this.
*************************************************************

When they reached Heart at last, Namaari and her mother stepped down the rickshaw. Namaari looked to her left, there were the other lands, Spine, Talon and Tail. She was amazed by the amount of greenery and the magnificently big mountain behind the bridge, Fang looked nice to her, but this place is amazing.