[Bonus Chapter!] Tiny Light | Teaching Hanako The Piano

[Author's Note]

[Play the video at when it says to]

Before we get started, I'd like to say that this is a scenario I came up with since I am experiencing a major writer's block for the main story at the moment. From the title, you can assume that this is just a small one-shot of how you, as the reader, would teach Amane / Hanako to play the piano since you're a pianist (if you aren't then just go along with it for the sake of this book-).

This bonus is also set in the current time, it won't necessarily affect the main storyline as this is just something that happened along in the background. You may want to get a picture of the piano with all the keys labelled so that you can understand what's going on in this chapter if you don't know the notes and / or where they are positioned.

I also would like to deeply apologise for not updating in FOUR months. As some of you may know, I have taken a break just so I could have some time to myself. But anyway, I'm back and I'll try updating whenever I can. I'm a pretty busy child after all-

Now sit back, relax, and enjoy this bonus chapter!

--------

[Prompt]

This is set around 5 AM one early morning when the reader is about to play her piano. However, Hanako decides to burst in just as she was about to play. 

Hanako would watch as the [Hair Colour]-headed girl would glide her fingers across the keys with precision, causing the ghost boy to stare in awe and wonder.  This wasn't the first time he's seen her play, but he can't help but feel amazed every time he watched her. 

After the reader had finished playing, Hanako would whine and beg, asking the girl to teach him how to play, subsequently leading us to where we are now...

--------

[Your Name]'s POV:

"Okay, Amane. This key right here is middle C." I said, pointing to the white key as I sat down next to him on the piano stool. "The next four white keys along to the right of middle C are D, E, F, and G. Rest all five of your right fingers on those notes, your thumb starting on middle C."

"Like this, [Nickname]-chan?" Hanako asked, giving me a side-glance whilst looking a little unsure.

"Yes, that's right! Oh, but you'll want to sort out your hand position. Right now, your palm is too low to the keys. Try thinking that there is a small mouse or hamster under your hand, you don't want to squish it but you don't want to let escape either." I demonstrated, putting my hand on the piano keys just an *octave higher from where Hanako had put his hand.

"Okay..." He mumbled, raising his palm a little higher so that it was in a proper hand position. "This feels a little weird..."

"That's because you've never done this before. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it with more practice!"

It was maybe around 5:30 AM in the morning and here I was, teaching Hanako how to play the piano. Back when we were alive, Hanako would watch me play a numerous amount of times yet he never really showed much interest in playing the instrument for himself. Even now, he still watches me play the piano but he's never brought up the topic of wanting to learn it. Hence why I was so surprised when he began to beg me to teach him earlier, it was unexpected and I never knew that he'd be the type to want to learn about it. Nonetheless, I gladly accepted his pleas.

"Now Amane, I want you to try playing each of these notes one after the other, starting from C. After you reach G I would like you to go play back down to C." I instructed, demonstrating to him as he copied my actions slowly.