[Chapter 7] Up the Stairs and to the Top

[RECAP]

"Good job Kou-kun!" I smiled at him as he scratched the back of his neck, a small blush on his cheeks.

"N-No problem Senpai!"

"Hey! It opened!" Hanako pointed out, running into the open doorway as me, Yashiro and Kou followed from behind.

--------

"Haah..." The four of us let out a huge sigh of relief as we leaned against the double doors, closing them entirely shut whilst we breathed heavily, deprived of oxygen due to the chaotic rush of the previous events and the constant running.

I stared at the surrounding area once I had caught my breath, taking in the creepy aura around me. We were once again greeted with an unforgiving staircase and more spine-chilling dolls, all of their faces plastered with the symbol for 'two'. Softly, the ominous winds whistled in the empty space as the eternal night continued to drag on, a myriad of twinkling stars glistened and gleamed in the long distance.

An abrupt and blaring noise disrupted the peace, the source of it being another telephone as it continued to ring annoyingly.

"Again?" Kou questioned uneasily, his gaze fixated on the black phone as we all looked in the same direction.

Yashiro hesitantly stood frozen, pondering whether she should answer or not. Suddenly, Hanako had briskly picked up the phone, not giving Yashiro a chance to respond as we all watched intently. Hanako cleared his throat, bringing the phone closer to him.

"Hello?"

"My left arm. Find my left arm for me." A familiar feminine voice instructed. "I pray before class every morning. I clap my left and right hands together. I pray for everyone to have another happy day." She told us as we listened. "Hurry. Class-"

"Hey there, Number Two." Hanako interrupted her, a small smirk on his face. "Long time no see. You remember me... right?"

The other line went disturbingly quiet for a few moments as I furrowed my eyebrows, concern covering my face as I stared at the brunette male. It wasn't exactly the best idea to provoke Misaki, especially in her own territory. Even if he is the leader of the Seven Wonders, he knows that she would be practically unbeatable here.

"Class begins soon." Misaki ended before hanging up.

Hanako put the phone down, turning to us as the three of us continued to spectate the scene. "Just saying hello." I raised an eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"Do you know her?" Yashiro asked him.

"Well, we're both Wonders of the School." Hanako replied briefly.

A creaking noise filled the endless void once again, minuscule grains of sand beginning to pour from the top half of a familiar shaped hourglass.

"Again? What a bother..." I incoherently mumbled to myself, letting out a deep sigh.

"Another arm-hunt? What a pain." The blonde beside me groaned and grumbled, obviously not wanting a repeat of the events before. "Hey, Hanako! Isn't there another way?" Kou called out to the said male.

"Like what?" Hanako asked, needing more context.

"Like, does Number Two have a weakness or something?"

Hanako's eyes narrowed as a mischievous smirk grew on his face, a small and quiet chuckle escaping his mouth. "She does."

"Huh?" Yashiro and Kou responded in slight surprise.

"She has a weakness. Her Yorishiro."

"Yori... shiro?" Yashiro repeated after him reluctantly.

"Yes. They're precious objects that give power to the Seven Wonders."