EPISODE FIVE

死の踊り ⋮ DANSE MACABRESEASON ONE──THREE DEVILS, ONE DAY!❝ THE OLDEST AND STRONGESTEMOTION OF MANKIND IS FEAR,AND THE OLDEST AND STRONGESTKIND OF FEAR IS FEAR OF THEUNKNOWN

SEASON ONE──THREE DEVILS, ONE DAY!
THE OLDEST AND STRONGEST
EMOTION OF MANKIND IS FEAR,
AND THE OLDEST AND STRONGEST
KIND OF FEAR IS FEAR OF THE
UNKNOWN.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 poorly lit small apartment stank of alcohol and greasy chinese takeout that had been left long forgotten on the kitchen's table

𝐓𝐇𝐄 poorly lit small apartment stank of alcohol and greasy chinese takeout that had been left long forgotten on the kitchen's table. those two smells combined, normally, were strong enough to make (y/n) nauseous, but this time it brought her a weird sense of nostalgia. 

"you can take beatings, but not this?" 

the boy, who had both hands on the devil's hip, squeezed the area he was holding as he felt the thickest needle they had found go through his earlobe, "it's different." aki breath out closing his eyes and resting his forehead on (y/n)'s belly. 

the devil smirked down at the black haired, who was sitting on the lid of the toilet, clinging to her, "are you sensitive there?" she whispered, putting her hands on his shoulders and pulling him away from her stomach. 

aki just kept quiet and let (y/n) put the earring on him, "done... i think i did an excellent job, don't you think?" (y/n) threw the needle and the apple slice she used on the trashcan and walked out of the bathroom. 

the devil went to the armchair, not before grabbing the beer bottle she had left abandoned on the floor, and sat putting her feet on the nightstand in front of her. 

she took a sip of the beer and smiled.  smiling has been something that she has done too much in this life, it was a breath of fresh air after all the past lives that she has had. 

"my, my, my. dreaming your memories with a human? you're going soft again, (y/n)... that's the name you go by now, isn't?" 

(y/n)'s eyes widened when she saw how the figure of aki, who was coming out of the bathroom, was transformed into a being of light, blinding to the eye of any mortal, with a humanoid form. 

one of the few beings who could lower from their gold pedestal the devil who was the closest to being a god, no, the devil who thought they were closest to being a god, was in front of her in their natural form.