Part 12: You chipped your daughter?

Everyone was working on finding some way to track down Gracelyn. Cassidy had been staring at the computer scree for hours murmuring things to herself.

"Ok kid, tell us what happened." Tony said as he, Steve, Natasha and Pietro sat in the meeting room. While Cassidy and Wanda were working in the lab.

"I told you, some woman came up to me to distract me, so someone could take Gracelyn. That's all I know." Tony shook his head and ran his hand over his hair. He suddenly banged his hand on the table and Natasha quickly held him back and comforted him.

"Pietro, what did the woman look like?"

"Uhm...she had short brown hair, like yours Natasha, but brown. She was wearing a black crop top and she had tan skin. That's all I can remember." Tony and Natasha glanced at each other before everyone left the meeting room.

"Hey Wanda, how is she?" Steve asked as they saw Wanda getting two glasses of water. She sighed and everyone looked over at Cassidy through the window. Her hair was a mess due to how many times she had ran her hand through it and she was slouched over her desk.

"Not good. She's talking to herself, hasn't eaten or drank anything in hours. We need to find her daughter."

"I'm trying." Tony said in a weak voice. Pietro continued to stare at the girl as she mumbled things to herself angrily and her fingers harshly tapped against the keyboard.

"No!" Everyone turned to see that Cassidy was the one who had just screamed. "No." She cried as she stared at the computer that still had no results. She walked out of the lab and continued waking down the hall. Everyone following her confused.

"Hey Cassy, where are you going?" Tony asked carefully.

"I need something from my room." She mumbled. She walked into her room, everyone also gathering into the bedroom. Pietro noticed the note he had left her, sitting next to her bed. A soft smile formed on his face that quickly turned into a frown. Cassidy would never love him again after this.

"What are you looking for. I could help." Natasha said, as she walked closer to her friend. Cassidy spun around in a circle taking in everything in her room.

"No, it's not here. I...I thought it was." She mumbled quietly. Everyone could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke. "Dad, where's all my boxes?"

"Uh...I think I had them put in the garage with all my suits." Cassidy nodded and began to walk down to the garage.

"You guys don't need to follow me. Nat can help me, you guys can keep working." Cassidy said, not looking back at any of them. Natasha nodded at the avengers before walking off with her friend.

"You heard her. Let's go." Tony said.

After a while Cassidy was running back to the lab, Natasha following behind her. Everyone looked at them in confusion but Natasha just shrugged.

Cassidy swiped up screens on the computers and began to get her tools to work on a small device which she found in the garage.

"What is that?" Tony asked as he walked up to his daughter.

"An invention I made. Unnamed. I'm gonna use it to find Gracelyn."

"You chipped your daughter?" Steve asked confused. Cassidy sighed in frustration and turned to him.

"No, I did not put a chip in my daughter. I made this device as a tracking device, one that works a little better than my dads, but I haven't perfected it yet and it's not really active yet, but I can finish it." She said now turning back to the invention. "Pietro what shoes was she wearing?"