Part 15: I'm Sorry

A/N: Hi everyone. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for all the love and votes and comments this book has. This book was so fun to write, but sadly this is the last chapter and I loved it so much. Thank you all so much for reading it and I hope you read my next books. I hope you enjoy.

"That was so cool Mommy!" Gracelyn shouted as Cassidy and Pietro joined the avengers on the jet. Gracelyn ran up and wrapped her arms around Cassidy's legs and smiled brightly. "How did you do that? Do you have superpowers now? Are you a superhero? Can you teach me to do that? That was awesome." Gracelyn rambled to her mother.

"Yeah, well I guess I have superpowers now." She told her. Cassidy was afraid to look at anyone else. She could only imagine what her father would say, or Natasha. She had already gotten such a bad reaction out of Pietro.

"Hey Gracie, why don't you and Pietro talk in the back for a little." Tony said.

"Ok." She said. Her and Pietro left the room and everyone stared at Cassidy. She looked down at the floor, not sure what they would say.

"Why did you do that? Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you!" Tony screamed at her. Cassidy met her fathers eyes, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled.

"Dang it Cassidy, I thought we were past all the stupid lying." Tony said as he ran his hand over his hair.

"Dad, I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm talking and you're listening." Cassidy nodded, and turned her face back to the floor. "You lied to me, you brought that invention and didn't tell me. You gave yourself powers and didn't tell anybody. What if it didn't work? What if it killed you? You had no idea what would have happened. God, Cassy what is wrong with you?" Cassidy didn't say anything for a while. Tony just stared at his daughter, anger coursing through his veins.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled quietly.

"Stop apologizing and tell me why you did it!" Tony screamed.

"Tony-" Natasha tried to say, but Tony just glared at her.

"I did it because it would save my daughter and it did." She responded. Tony shook his head.

"You are my daughter and you didn't give me the chance to save you. You need to stop doing everything yourself and let people help you. This all started because you are a liar." He told her. Cassidy looked at her father, trying to hold back her tears.

"Tony that's not-" Natasha attempted to speak again.

"No! Don't defend her. She's wrong." Tony said. Cassidy nodded slightly as gave her friend a grateful look.

"Dad, I'm...I'm sorry, but she's my daughter and I needed to do everything I could to save her and I did. I am not going to stand here and get yelled at for protecting the person I love most in the world. If you have a problem with that then you are not my father. She is my daughter and your granddaughter and I saved her." Tony sighed and let his arms drop to his side.

"I was supposed to protect both of you." He said.

"You are, but dad I'm not a kid anymore. She's my responsibility and I did what I had to do." She told him in a softer voice.

"Are you sure, cause you sure act like it sometimes." Cassidy suddenly ran up to her dad and wrapped her arms around him.

"I messed up didn't I?" She mumbled into his ear.

"No, you didn't." He told her. "You'll get through this."

"Everyone's mad at me." Cassidy muttered into her fathers shoulder. Tony let out a small laugh and shook her head.