sun - kamui

the Taiyo clan is an Amanto race of my own imagination, and Taiyo means Sun in Japanese

kamui x princess!reader

The Taiyo clan was one of the most elegant races in the galaxy, as they were truly of the sun. Many held them in high regard, as though they were gods and goddesses sent down to bless the people living among the stars, and very few held any ill intent towards them. Only one clan was different from the rest – the bloodthirsty battle clan, the Yato. The Yato had taken one look at the Taiyo and how the Sun brought them strength, not weakness, and vowed to purge their clan from existence. 

A war started between the two clans, and the Taiyo's picture of tranquility was fractured beyond repair. Their image had been tainted with blood, and even after decades of the worst of the conflict being over, the Taiyo was never able to return to their former, peaceful glory. Thus, a hatred even deeper than before bloomed in the hearts of the Taiyo, one that returned the Yato's animosity hundredfold.

It was this knowledge that had Kamui bouncing on the balls of his heels in excitement. The Taiyo hated the Yato, the Yato hated the Taiyo. He was one of the strongest members of the Yato clan and the current princess of the Taiyo clan was coming to him. Not exactly to him, rather the group he was currently allied with.

He knew it wouldn't be long before he could fight her with every last drop of power residing in his body; every muscle was aching for a battle to the death. His fingers were itching to rip through flesh and his eyes were trained on the metal door that would open and reveal his prey. The smile he reserved for killing hadn't left his face since the news reached his ears.

A heavy hand landed on his shoulder, and with slight annoyance, Kamui knew it was Abuto, the other Yato that acted as his babysitter. He knew what Abuto was going to say before he even began speaking, dampening his mood.

"You can't do anything to them without the Admiral's permission," Abuto warned him in such a laid-back way that only served to irk Kamui.

"I know, I know," Kamui said, though he had been preparing to charge at a moment's notice. He pushed off Abuto's hand by rolling his shoulder. "Unless they pick a fight, I won't do anything."

That was definitely a lie. The second he saw the Taiyo princess he was going to assess her fighting strength by going straight for her heart. If she was worthy of her title, she would easily fend him off.

The sound of a spaceship docking made Kamui perk up, leaning forward, ready to strike. He watched with eager eyes as the door began to slide up. Everyone around him seemed to disappear as he focused in on where she would enter. His heart began to race. Kamui could barely wait to see her.

When his gaze finally reached her, his breath caught in his throat. His body was frozen to the ground and the killer smile slowly left his lips. The next in line for the Taiyo throne was clearly worthy of the title princess of the sun. She was dressed in a white and gold kimono, walking with perfect posture and a poised expression on her soft face. A golden hair ornament decorated her neatly styled hair. Her eyes never once drifted to him, they remained looking forwards as her attendants guided her.

Kamui hated to admit it, but he had never been so entranced in his entire life.

His eyes followed her as she walked past them, stunned by the beauty and the non-combativeness of the princess. Kamui knew if he had been in her position, the second he saw a member of the Yato clan, he would have let loose and started a fight. When he was a child, he always heard from older members of the Yato clan about their high hopes for the battles against the Taiyo, but for some reason, his heart wasn't in it anymore. There was not a single bone in that princess' body that wished to fight him, and he could sense that.