CHAPTER 41

"Do you have a flight tomorrow?" tanong ni Hope sa'kin. Saglit ko lang siyang tinapunan ng tamad na tingin bago binalik ang mga mata sa phone.

"Meron," I said coldly and scrolled down my Facebook newsfeed. Until I came across into a shared post article about Selene Ricci's statement regarding the bashing and accusations of her being a mistress that circulated all over the news and even tabloids.

I clicked the article to read her statement.

'Selene Ricci fired back at bashers.'

"Never ever judge the book just because you have read its blurb," basa ko sa panimula niya through my mind. "With all complete honesty, I was the first one who have developed feelings with the great Hope Syrlou Suldico. It started as a sudden infatuation way back when I was in college and he's already a CEO. It started with stealing glances moments that grew deeper until it was too late for me to realize that I fell hard enough I couldn't help but get drowned. I didn't do anything to kill the love but rather, I watered it every day through seeing him, visiting his place, and even his company."

Huminto ako at pumunta sa kusina upang doon tapusin ang pagbabasa. Hindi kasi ako makapag-concentrate sa sala dahil ramdam ko ang mga titig ni Hope sa'kin.

Kumuha muna ako ng malamig na tubig sa fridge bago umupo sa dining chair.

"I am not a mistress and I will never be one. Syr and his wife was already on the process of legal separation before we happened. Yes, we have an intimate relationship. Their marriage got ruined the moment his wife lost the baby and she learned something 'bout Syr that she couldn't accept. Syr, being the great husband that he is, tried to pursue and understand the mourning of his wife, but Lorah, being the grudge bearer couldn't withstand Syr's presence. She kept on pushing him away until Syr lost hope and got into a heavy accident. He got depressed, too and Ate Sayr (Syr's sister) decided to have him treated in America. I was his psychiatrist and there, we've built an intimate relationship. Syr told me everything on how devastated he felt about Lorah. And as someone who've been there for him (and has a hidden love towards him) within those span of time did everything to make him cope with the pain.

"Syr, was overwhelmed and that he admitted his feelings over me. At first, I never wanted to believe in him, even if I have a deep-rooted feelings over him, he still has unresolved issues with his wife. But he told me he never wanted her anymore. And that the only feelings that left for her was pain and pity. I knew I was too soft to be easily touched with his words but my heart melts when he told me that he loved and that only matters. He didn't care about what other people would say. As someone who was pining for that moment grabbed the opportunity because why not? As his psychiatrist who knows everything and his thoughts, I knew it was a half-baked feelings but it's still baked anyway.  I am not someone who will assume things before me if Syr didn't made me feel like assuming that there was an 'us'. So, I'm gonna leave it here. I never wanted to be a mistress and I am not a home wrecker. So, fuck off, pipz. Stop meddling with people who only wanted the happiness that they deserved."

I scoffed a bitter laugh after reading it. Really?! Tumayo ako at bumalik kay Hope. Humarap naman siya sa'kin nang nakita ako sa tapat niya.

"I think you should go..." I said coldly it made him frown.

"I'll sleep here, love."

"Umalis ka na, Hope. Maaga pa ako bukas." Nang hindi siya tumayo ay hinila ko ang t-shirt niya.

"What the—?" Nagpatangay pa rin naman siya.

"Huwag ka munang magpakita sa'kin ng ilang araw. Let me think clear," I said before I closed the door. I never felt down like this.