Chapter 1: The Beginning

A gasp echoed through the damp and hollow cave, as a young girl swiftly sat up. Her eyes were as wide as disks, her breath was fast, and she couldn't see anything. The walls shook a bit, causing loose bits of the caverns ceiling to fall, one small part bumping her head. The girl whined as she quickly grabbed the part of her head that was hit. She quickly scooted away from the center of the room, not able to comprehend anything that was happening.

The shaking stopped, and the girl held onto herself in an attempt to comfort herself. She gently rocked herself as she held her knees, tucking her face in them. A sail like drape was around her torso, clearly not made to be used as a piece of clothing. It was tattered and shredded in some places, mainly the edges. It was filthy, disgusting even. But she felt she needed to keep it around her.

She tried to calm herself, but she couldn't hear her own thoughts. Words weren't able to form as she desperately attempted to call out to anyone for help. All she could figure out how to do was scream. And once she figured out how to let her voice escape her throat, she didn't stop.

Her loud screams echoed through the cave, a desperate call for anyone. Tears were now falling down her cheeks, and she couldn't stop them. Her wails continued to surround her, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop them. That is, until a bright light entered the cave.

"Hello? Is someone there?" A small voice called out. The light quickly scanned the room, seeming to be a bit frantic. The girl was able to stop her cries, but not her tears, as she looked towards the source of the sudden light. "Uncle Scrooge? Webby? Is that you guys?" Another voice called out, and the girl frantically got to her feet. She wobbled as she tried to gain her balance, and she leaned on the wall for support. 

She continued towards the only other form of life in the damp cavern, keeping her hand on the wall as she walked towards the voices. "I knew this was a bad idea! Now we're stuck in this cave, and we have no idea where Scrooge or Webby are!" A third voice called out, seemingly talking to the other two voices from earlier. "And now there might be a creature coming for us!" The young girl peeked her head around the corner, finally coming across the source of the frantic light.

Standing around the bend were three little beings, all dressed in different colors. They all had beaks and webbed feet, their white feathers gleaming in the light the one in red was holding. The one in blue was trying to move large boulders, slipping off and tumbling down. And finally, the one in green was pacing next to the other two, a panicked look on his face. The girl tilted her head in curiosity, deciding to investigate the things a little longer before trying to make contact with the three beings.

From where she was standing, they all looked to be the same height, and she seemed to be just tad bit smaller than them, if not the same size. She looked at her hands, studying them. She realized they were feathers, just like the three in front of her. She also noticed her webbed feet, and looked back at the three beings. She was one of them. Slowly, she moved one webbed foot towards them, only to kick a pebble.

The three beings jumped and turned, shining the light directly at her. She quickly ducked away, all of the courage she had mere moments ago completely vanishing. She held herself as she tightly closed her eyes, trying not to let more tears out of her eyes. "H-hey! Who's there! We've got weapons so- so you better come out!" One of the voices called. But it didn't sound angry. In fact, it sounded... scared. 

The young girl realized they were just as frightened of her as she was of them. They clearly needed help, and so did she. Maybe they could work together to get out of wherever they were, and maybe they could give her some answers. Taking a deep breath, she hesitantly peered around the corner, holding on to the torn sail to keep it up. The bright light quickly blinded her, and she flinched, putting one of her hands in front of her face to cover her eyes.

Three gasps were heard, and the girl slowly moved her hand. Their eyes were wide, and their mouths were agape. The one in blue took a step forward, and the girl immediately backed away. "Wh-who are you? Where did you come from?" The one in red asked, moving up to stand next to the one in blue. The girl stepped back again. Oh how easy it would be to just run. But she knew she couldn't. She needed help. Help with what? She wasn't quite sure. 

Her eyes filled with tears and before she could stop them, they rolled down her cheeks and onto the stony ground. The three beings expressions changed from nervous and scared to somewhat concerned as the girl sniffed, and she wiped her eyes with her free hand. Her sobs caused the three to look at each other, before the one in red hesitantly walked up to her. The girl didn't notice until she felt a light touch on her shoulder, causing her to look up quickly.

The one in red smiled at her gently. "Hey.. It's okay.. We're scared too.." The other two walked up to her, the same smile on their face as the one in red. She looked them all in the eyes, trying to read them. One by one, she could feel something inside her telling her that these three beings weren't going to harm her, that they were good. Her sobs slowly calmed down into little hiccups, and she rubbed her eyes.

"I'm Huey, and these are my brothers, Dewey," Huey gestured to the one in blue. Dewey smiled and waved. "and Louie." Huey then gestured to the one in green. He only smiled and gave a small nod. The brothers looked at the girl, a smile on all of their faces. "What's you name?" The girl opened her mouth, wanting to answer his question, but she stopped herself. What was her name?

She scanned the three for an answer, knowing she wouldn't get one from them. They all looked at each other, before turning back to her. She felt her eyes tear up once more, and the three brothers gave her a concerned look. "Hey, it's okay." The red one smiled at her. She wiped her eyes and looked at him. "We can talk more when we get back to the plane with Scrooge and Webby. Speaking of, have you seen any one else walk through here?" 

The young girl tilted her head. There were more of them? She gently shook her head, causing the three boys to look a bit defeated. She studied their faces, not totally understanding what was going on in their minds. She looked back to the boulders that Dewey was trying to move earlier, and nervously walked over to them. The boys watched her with confusion, before joining her. "It's no use, those rocks are way to heavy-" The girl picked one up, moving it to the side with ease.

Their eyes widened in shock as she set the boulder down, and she went to pick up another one when a voice suddenly called through on the other side. The girl jumped backwards as she looked at the boulders. "Lads! Are ya in there!?" Louie, being the first one out of his shock, didn't take his eyes off the girl as he answered. "Y-yeah! And uh- it's not just us!"

"What do ye mean it's "not just you?" The voice questioned. The other two boys helped the girl onto her feet, before Dewey smiled at her. "That's our uncle Scrooge. He's here to save us." The girl looked at him, then back at the boulders. Huey spoke up. "We found someone." The cavern began to shake once again, causing all four of them to fall. The girl quickly regained her balance, panicking as she looked back at the boulders. 

"Dinnae worry lads! I'm gettin' ya outta here!" Scrooge called, and the girl heard struggling on the other side. She looked at the three brothers, who quickly looked at her, and she knew what she needed to do. Louie seemed to catch on, and as the young girl was preparing herself, he called to his uncle. "Scrooge, move to the side!" The young girl quickly ran towards the boulders, bracing herself as she broke through. 

"Bless me bagpipes!" The same voice, who belonged to Scrooge, exclaimed. The young girl turned to him, seeing another girl her size next to him. The three brothers quickly ran out after her, barely dodging the falling rocks from the young girls impact. The ground once again began to shake, causing the 6 of them to fall. Scrooge helped the girl near him up as the ground stopped shaking, the boys and the other girl followed his lead.

"We need to get off the mountain! Now!" Scrooge demanded, and the other five quickly followed him. Rocks and boulders started to fall, the 6 of them dodging and swerving out of the way of them. In the distance, they could see a red colored plane, and a large being standing outside it. "Launchpad! Start the plane!" Scrooge called, dodging a large boulder with a yelp.

"Aye aye, Mr. McD!" Launchpad responded, running into the plane. Mere moments passed before the propellers started to rotate. One by one, Scrooge hastily helped each of the kids into the plane, including the new girl that just literally broke out of boulders. After all of them were in, he quickly followed, shutting the plane door. "Fly McQuack!" The pilot did as told, and the plane took off from its resting place, flying high into the air as the temple and mountain crumbled.