Chapter 4: Too Many Questions, Too Little Answers

(I wanted to give you guys an example of what the dress looked like since I suck at describing clothes, so here's this little sketch

(I wanted to give you guys an example of what the dress looked like since I suck at describing clothes, so here's this little sketch. You can change the hair if ya like, but that's how I am making the basic character look to make describing things easier. )

"Wow! You look amazing in that!" Webby smiled as (Y/n) studied herself in the mirror. She twirled and twisted, trying to see how the light pink dress suited her figure. Webby walked up to her, looking at her new friend in the mirror as well. "You can have it if you want. I don't really wear it and I don't want it to go to waste." (Y/n) turned to her, a smile on her face. "You want me to have this?"

Webby returned her smile. "Yeah! Besides, you look really nice in it!" She responded, glad to hear the young girl's voice. (Y/n) looked at herself in the mirror once more, before she smiled and turned back to Webby. "Thank you, Webbigail."

Webby's smile grew a little more. "Ah, you don't have to be so formal with me! You can call me Webby!" (Y/n) smile grew as well, and the two looked back at the mirror. "I haven't looked this nice since... " (Y/n)'s smile faltered, and she looked at the floor with a sad expression. "...I can't remember..." Webby put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. We'll figure out where you came from."

(Y/n) looked at her with a sad smile, and was about to speak when the two heard a knock on the door. "Webbigail, are you all right?" The voice of the larger woman from earlier echoed through the door, and the two girl's turned to the door. "Yes Granny! We'll be down in just a moment!" Webby answered, which earned a small "alright dear" from the large woman, then the sound of footsteps leading away from the door were heard.

Webby turned to (Y/n) with a smile. "We should probably head down. Are you feeling okay?" She asked, a sympathetic smile on her face. (Y/n) returned the smile. "Yes, I'm alright. Let's go."

Down in the dining room, the family of ducks were waiting for Webby to bring in the new arrival. Beakley had just walked in, followed by Scrooge. The two sat down in their appropriate spots, and the family started to talk to each other.

"Are the lassies comin' soon?" Scrooge started, causing his family to look at him. "I just checked on the girls, they should be down in a moment." Beakley stated, though she looked somewhat annoyed and irritated. "I don't know if I trust that girl." She added, causing everyone to look at her. "She's just a kid, Mrs. B. What harm can she do?" Della questioned, causing Beakley to fold her arms.

"Do I have to remind you of the adventures this family has faced? Including children that were evil turned good?" She questioned, and Della was about to answer, but closed her beak when she couldn't think of anything to say to that. Dewey answered for his mother. "The keyword is "evil turned good."" Huey turned to him. "That's technically three keywords." He stated, and Dewey glared at him.

"Any way, Dewey's got a point." Louie started. "Every kid we've met who was technically evil was evil because they were tricked into or forced to be evil. Except for Doofus, he was just evil." Louie shivered, before continuing his point. "Plus, she saved us without hesitation. That's not something an evil person would do."