Chapter 2: The Goddess Herself

(I forgot to mention that this story takes place AFTER the season 3 finale. So, from this chapter out, there WILL be spoilers for all 3 seasons. You have been warned!)

"...And that's how we found her." The red duckling, Huey explained to his great uncle, their adrenaline from their latest adventure had long settled down, and the plane was on its way back to their home in Duckburg. The old duck hummed in response, looking over at the young girl who was sitting in one of the seats, looking uncomfortable and anxious as the other three ducklings spoke to her. 

"Soooo... what's your name?" The duckling in green, Louie, asked, causing the unknown girl to look at him. She tilted her head, the expression not leaving her face. The green duckling only felt uncomfortable as she stared at him. He shrugged his shoulders slowly as he tucked his hands in his hoodie pockets, his eyes now avoiding her gaze. Something about her stare just... intimidated him. 

"Hi! I'm Webby!" The little duckling in pink and purple interrupted them, causing the silent duckling to jump and pull her legs close to herself. The one in blue duckling, Dewey, ran over, standing close to the silent duckling's face. "How did you get up in the mountain? Were you on a super adventure with your family! Oh! Are you a dare devil solo kid adventurist!?" The silent duckling looked at him, a look of horrified and confused written on her facial features.

"Alright kids, yer scarin' the poor thing." The children's uncle, Scrooge, walked up to them with Huey. He gently pushed the three ducklings a bit away from the petrified girl with his cane, before kneeling down in front of her and checking her for any injuries. "Now, lass, can ye tell me yer name?"

The young girl flinched as the old duck gently grabbed her hand, but something clicked in her as their hands connected. A sense of recognition flew through her, and she finally looked him in the eyes. Scrooge seemed to sense something as well, but he couldn't place his finger on it. The two just stared each other in the eyes for a moment, their eyes wide and mouths agape, before Louie cleared his throat. 

"So, uh, you two okay or... Are we missing something?" He questioned, stepping forward with a quizzical expression on his face. Dewey jumped up next to him. "Like another deep and dark family secret!? I knew there was a fourth triplet! We're quadruplets boys!" He pumped his fists in the air, and their uncle only rolled his eyes. "Yer not quadruplets lad." He turned back to the young duckling sitting in front of him. "There's just something... different going on." 

The 4 kids just looked at him, and then, to the young girl. She hadn't looked away from the old man, nor had either of them let go. She suddenly blinked, looking down at their hands and gently letting go. Slowly, one thing came to her mind, and she looked Scrooge straight in the eyes. "Ruby."

The other 5 looked at her, surprise ridden in their eyes. Scrooge tilted his head. "Yer name is Ruby?" The girl shook her head, pointing to his pocket which held the small bit of ruby. "My ruby." Scrooge only looked at her confused, before looking at his pocket. He gently pulled out the shard of ruby, opening his hand to show the bright red stone to the young girl.

A flicker of red ran through her eyes, before she looked straight forward and she gasped slightly. She put her hands on her head, before wincing, like something was hurting her. Scrooge quickly put a hand on her shoulder, before the girl calmed down mere moments later. She looked at him once again. "I remember.. my name.."

Scrooge looked at her, already knowing who she was. "Yer-" "(Y/n)." The girl cut him off. She looked at the ruby. "And that is mine."

The plane touched ground, and the kids quickly got off and out of the plane, waiting to tell the tale of their latest adventure to their loved ones. Scrooge was helping the young duckling out of the plane, holding her hand as she tumbled out. When his kids were far enough away from the two, he looked at the girl. "How did you know about the ruby in my pocket? And how did you even get to the cave?"

The girl looked at him as she gained her balance. "The red aura around you." Scrooge looked at her with a dumbfounded expression. "And I don't know how I got there. I just... woke up. I don't remember anything before waking up though." She said the last part a bit frightened and saddened, but she quickly shook it off. "But I do know that I can trust you."

Scrooge stopped her, and she looked at him with a quizzical expression. "I'm uh, flattered ye can say that but, how do you know that? After all, ye just met my family and I." Of course, he knew she could trust him, since he knew himself. But this young girl doesn't know anything about him, except for his name. How could she be so quick to trust a stranger, especially after just waking up with almost no memories?

The girl smiled at him, then pointed back to his pocket. "The ruby tells me. The red aura around you means you're a good person. It also means you're protected." Scrooge shook his head, confused. "What red ring? And protected from what? The end of the world?" The girl was about to answer, when the mansion doors burst open to reveal the four ducklings from earlier, along with 3 new ducks. 

"See! I told you! Come on!" Webby called out, leading the charge with the boys following closely behind. The kids all met up to where Scrooge and (Y/n) were standing, and Webby grabbed the other young girl's hand and dragged her towards the others. "This is (Y/n)! The goddess of the Moon Ruby!" A woman, who looked like the triplets, tilted her head. "Moon Ruby? I don't remember a ruby on the moon."

The bigger, more buff woman folded her arms with a half lidded expression on her features. "And this is the goddess?" The young girl took a step back, and towards Scrooge, who noticed immediately. "We found her in the caves as they were collapsing. She saved us by running into the pile of boulders and smashing through them!" Huey exclaimed, seemingly not noticing the unnerved expression on the young girl's face. 

"How are you so sure this is the goddess? After all, she is just a child. That would be a lot of responsibility for a young girl." (Y/n) looked up at her, a bit of sadness in her eyes. But she remained close to Scrooge, who finally broke up the conversation. "Alright alright. We'll talk about this later. Fer now, this young lass needs a new set of clothes and a nice wash." He looked at Webby. "Webbigal, lass, can ya fetch a set of extra clothes ye may have? Ye seem to be the same size as (Y/n)."

Webby smiled. "Of course! I can also get her bubble bath ready if ya want!" Scrooge smiled at his daughter's generosity, then gives her a slight nod. "That would be great lass." He looked down at the young girl at his side, who looked at his daughter with an unsure look. "(Y/n), lass, Webby will take you to one of our guest rooms, which has a bathroom in it. Just holler at her if ya need anything, alright?"

(Y/n) looked up at Scrooge, a small look of fear written on her features. He gave her a small smile, then gave a little nod. "It's alright lass. I promise she'll take care of ye." Looking back at Webby, (Y/n) gave a quick nod, before walking over to her. "Webby darlin', take her to the room nearest to yers and the boys, if ya would please." Scrooge added on, before Webby nodded and grabbed (Y/n)'s wrist and ran off, leaving the rest of the family behind.

After a bit of stair climbing and hall navigating, Webby finally made her way to her room, opening the door to reveal a large, somewhat clustered room. "Okay! This is my room!" She walked over to a dresser and started to rummage through it. "I figured we could stop by here before getting you in the bath, that way you can just change in the bathroom." (Y/n) stood in the doorway, looking around the large room and all it holds.

"Aha!" Webby quickly turned around, holding a light pink dress with spaghetti straps. It had white trims, along with the straps and belt that was around the middle. "I haven't worn this in a while, but I think it would look great on you!" She ran back over to (Y/n), and grabbed her by the wrist once more. "Come on! I'll show you your room!" 

As they made their way to an unoccupied bedroom, Webby looked over at the girl. She looked nervous, maybe even a bit sad. Webby's excited expression turned into a concerned one, and she slowly stopped walking, letting go of the girl's hand. (Y/n) looked up at her, a bit of surprise on her face. Webby started to speak to her, trying to lighten the mood. "I know you're probably scared right now, and my noise probably isn't helping, is it?"

(Y/n) just looked at her, then she looked down a bit with a little shake of her head. Webby put a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, I get it. Sometimes I can be a biiiiiiit much. But you don't need to worry." (Y/n) looked up at her with a small smile, and Webby did her best to hold her excitement back. Instead, she gave her a smile and motioned towards the hall. "Now come on, let's get you settled in. Dad will be here any minute with the rest of the gang, and they'll want to know you better." And with that, the two girls entered the room, closing the door behind them.