Arc 2: Mad Mafia, Elegant CEO (43)

[Host, the male lead is angry.]

Gu Jiaoyue's system voiced out the same time as Hong Cha's system. They glanced at each other as Hong Cha gulped in secret fear.

"Gu Jiaoyue, my role here is a forced venting tool of the male lead. W-when the male lead was about to force me again, I recalled a portion of my memory. I was too immersed since the fragment of memory was shared between me and Gu Zixing. I called your brother's name by accident so the male lead was provoked. He wanted to bring Gu Zixing here and I thought he doesn't exist. I didn't know you are living as Gu Zixing in this world..." she nervously explained in a low tone as to keep Xu Qin Rui from hearing them.

"If you're just a venting tool, why is he looking at me like that?" Gu Jiaoyue even dared to point at Xu Qin Rui who was thinking of many ways to kill him. Hong Cha quickly brought his hand down. Does Gu Jiaoyue doesn't know their situation? "Look. I only have a system to assist me in world-hopping, not trials. I don't know the plot."

"The male lead is somewhat peculiar. He's a psycho, a sadist, a bad guy. You wouldn't want to mess with him." she warned Gu Jiaoyue. "Who told you to name yourself Gu Zixing anyway? You could have just used your real name."

"If I didn't, will you get to meet me? I need to use his name and bait you so that we can cooperate to find him. You don't know how important he is!" Gu Jiaoyue unhappily said.

"Lou Fencha!" Xu Qin Rui angrily shouted her name. She dared to ignore him for that man?! This is his territory! How shameless of her to commit adultery, in his mansion, in his presence, in front of him?

"Woof!" she hurriedly went to him and knelt down with her head lowered. Gu Jiaoyue was stumped as Xu Qin Rui froze.

Woof?

"Hey, hey, what's happening here?" Miao Yun entered the greenhouse to see a broken vase, a kneeling girl and another young man ahead. She looked back to Xu Qin Rui who was struggling whether to be angry or not. This scene made her astounded. He's holding back his anger? For that assassin girl? "Master Xu, keep your cool. If you cant stay calm and let your anger burst, Im afraid your perseverance for these past two weeks will go to drain."

"Give me a gun. I didn't bring mine." Xu Qin Rui reached his hand towards Miao Yun.

"Im a psychiatrist, Master Xu. Not a police." she crossed her arms and closed the door before any men under him brings a gun.

"Here." suddenly, Gu Jiaoyue tossed a gun to Xu Qin Rui's direction. Xu Qin Rui caught it but he threw it down and stepped on the gun till it broke.

"Be glad you're her husband." Xu Qin Rui glared and dragged Hong Cha to his side. "You can go now. She'll be worried if you stay here for long."

"Sure, brother-in-law." he casted an indifferent smile to Xu Qin Rui before leaving. Miao Yun clicked her tongue with their silence.

"So, that pretty boy is your sister's husband. Why didn't you tell me you have a brother-in-law?" she asked and headed to the door. "By the way, don't hurt the poor girl. Or else, I will have to look for another woman."

"Just leave, will you!?" he impatiently said. Miao Yun gave an apologetic look to Hong Cha and went out the greenhouse.

"H-he's your brother-in-law?" Hong Cha nervously asked. Xu Qin Rui didn't answer. He strode to the elegant pots of flowers and harshly kicking them. The loud crashing sounds made Hong Cha's heart thump. She remained on her spot as Xu Qin Rui destroyed the perfect greenhouse.

"F*cking flowers!" he threw a vase of camellia down the tiled floor. Xu Qin Rui set his eyes on the Middlemist Red.

"Hey, aren't you worried that will be a great loss?" Hong Cha tried to calm him when he picked the pot of Middlemist Red. That's the rarest flower! He cant possibly destroy it like that!

"I can destroy anything I want because these are mine!" he answered back with a frustrated tone. Hong Cha flinched once he threw it down. Xu Qin Rui breathed deeply and leaned on the fountain with his hands supporting him. He looked back to Hong Cha who is staring at the Middlemist Red. That gaze of her, it was like she wanted the flower to survive. With his anger gone, Xu Qin Rui thought of something. "If you want that plant, I can have one shipped from London."

"How? Only the royal family have it." Hong Cha went forward and picked the broken vases. Xu Qin Rui was distressed. He sauntered towards her and hesitated whether to hold her or not.

"Goddamn it, Lou Fencha!" Xu Qin Rui cursed. He cant understand himself. Why cant he hurt her? Xu Qin Rui left without any word of apology.

"It will be a waste if this flower dies." she picked the Middlemist Red and replanted it in another pot. Soon enough, maids came to clean the greenhouse. Hong Cha took the Middlemist Red with her in secret. She likes the flower and cant wait to see it bloom.

Xu Qin Rui kept thinking of that pitiful appearance Hong Cha had. It made him feel irritated to his own self. Why cant he hurt her? She's just his venting tool, he needs to vent on her if he reach his limits. In his frustration, he drank another glass of wine. The butler poured another batch when a girl sat two stools away from Xu Qin Rui.

"You're also here, huh." Hong Cha glanced at Xu Qin Rui whose head dropped on the counter. He casted a glare but chose to look away. "Shirley Temple, please."

"Right away, Miss." the butler complied.

"This is my bar. Why are you here?" Xu Qin Rui asked back and drowned on the wine again.

"I come here too when you're not around. So that I can get drunk and sleep earlier before you come back." she accepted the Shirley Temple and took a light sip. The mansion is quite wide and there is a bar here as well. She never saw Xu Qin Rui coming here so she prefers spending time in this place more often like in the greenhouse.