Arc 3: Prince Daddy (73)

After making Ying Wendao asleep, Hong Cha raised her head to see Ying Wenxiang looking at them. Upon catching his deep gaze, Ying Wenxiang looked away. Hong Cha thought of teasing the second male lead again. She stood up and passed through him.

"Crown Prince, can we have a talk about Prince Dao? In the library. Its my private place." still, she doesn't have the heart to completely cheat on Ying Huai. If Ying Huai cheated then she will cheat with his first brother. With Ying Wenxiang distracted with the books, she closed the door in a light thud. "Prince Dao seems to be in need for a mother. Has Crown Prince thought of what I've said?"

"Not yet..." he became nervous a bit. They are alone, she closed the door and her tone changed. Like what he feared she will do, Hong Cha stepped closer, blocking his view from the rows of books.

"Tsk. You really wish to play oblivious after all that I've said?" Hong Cha stepped closer. Ying Wenxiang walked back and got trapped on a shelf. "Ying. Wen. Xiang. I like you."

"Princess, please remember who you are. In few days time, you will soon marry Xiao Huai." Ying Wenxiang clearly refused to accept her 'confession'. Hong Cha suppressed her laughter. She acted disappointed and fiddled with her hand. Such weak submissive appearance caused Ying Wenxiang to feel something. Specially since she is wearing a short dress he hadn't seen before. It was black which contrasted with her snow white skin. Her figure was seductive under its influence and her slender shoulders exposed.

"So? He has been seeing my own sister behind my back. Was it wrong too if I like someone else?" she unhappily said. With his silence, it confirmed her guess that Ying Wenxiang knew this matter. Hong Cha took things further and rose from her toes. Ying Wenxiang was frozen in place when their lips touched. He thought this was wrong and planned to push her but before he could, she encircled her arms around his neck. Hong Cha then bit his lower lip before parting slightly. Their eyes met, his a bit misty. For some reason, she was attracted to him.

Ying Wenxiang wanted to say they couldn't go on but Hong Cha sealed his lips again. She is not a good kisser, her movements sloppy but enough to tease a man. Even someone with a deity-like temperament will get aroused. Ying Wenxiang unconsciously lowered his hands on her waist to hold her closer to him. His body heated up quickly upon sensing the fragrance of camellia coming from her. He broke their kiss and searched for the fragrance' origin. Her warm skin smells like camellia. Slowly, hesitantly, he pressed his moist lips on her shoulder.

Hong Cha knew she has gone too far in playing around. She held his face and made her look back to her. "Crown Prince, tell me honestly, do you like me too?" her question calmed her because of the distraction. The scent emitting from her disappeared and brought clarity to Ying Wenxiang. He blushed like a maiden which surprised Hong Cha. Eh? Is this the calmest prince of Qin?

"Princess, this cant go on." he quickly avoided her gaze. That addicting scent, he wanted to sense it again but it was gone. Moreover, there was an evil fire just below his abdomen. Ying Wenxiang doesn't want to cross the boundary between them. She will be his sister-in-law soon.

"Oh." she replied half-heartedly with her lips quivering. Hong Cha stopped her tears. Hong Cha's pitiful face made him feel guilty and melancholic. Somehow, Ying Wenxiang doesn't like seeing her crying. "W-well, I still won't stop until you like me back before the wedding!"

After saying such, Hong Cha ran out of the library. Ying Wenxiang sighed in relief. Or should he be relieved? There are only six days left before the wedding. What will she do? It made him alarmed but at the same time, expecting what can happen.

The very next day, Ying Wenxiang reluctantly returned to retrieve his son. Ying Wendao is happily playing with Hong Cha. The servants announced Ying Wenxiang's presence. They looked up but Ying Wendao's complexion paled. He hurriedly hid behind Hong Cha.

"Dao..." Ying Wenxiang knelt down across them. He reached his hand forth to gesture for the boy. "Dao, Father is sorry for scolding you. Come back home, en?"

"... No." Ying Wendao stubbornly said and burrowed his face on Hong Cha's arm.

"Why? Are you still afraid of Father? Dao, come home. Father will not scold you anymore." he tried to negotiate with the boy but Ying Wendao still shook his head. Hong Cha cleared her throat. She gave him a meaningful look which meant she can help him with a condition. Ying Wenxiang gave up. He nodded to her.

"Prince Dao, you can come visit me again. I am sure His Highness wouldn't restrict you." Hong Cha placed the boy in front of her and hugged him. Ying Wendao hesitantly looked at his father.

"P-promise?" the young boy asked in hesitation.

"En, Father promises." Ying Wenxiang cant believe she was able to coax Ying Wendao. The little boy started smiling before jumping on Ying Wenxiang to hug him.

"Father, I missed you. Dao is sorry for the ruckus." Ying Wendao said in cheerfulness. Ying Wenxiang calmed down but he recalled he owed Hong Cha. What condition will she set?

"Here is the condition." Hong Cha smiled playfully when they got alone in the pavilion. Ying Wendao went to prepare himself to leave so it will take a while for him to come back. "You will let me kiss you, hug you or hold your hand anytime I want. If you disagree, I'll persuade Prince Dao to stay here until I want to. He loves listening to his mother."

"You!" his face from black turn red in anger. He wanted to counter her but he have no evidences to go against her.

"Me, what?" she chuckled at his appearance. He's really cute when provoked.