part one, chapter two

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 10ᴛʜ, 2005
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜, 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

THE ONLY THING HEARD IN the house was the soft strumming of a guitar, coming from the Swedish boy's room. Everyone else had left, going hunting while the sun was still hidden behind the trees. And, wanting some time alone, Björn stayed behind.

It was strange to have the house so quiet-usually there were one or two of his family members hanging around-but with school starting up again that day, they decided it was best to hunt beforehand. The boy himself had gone the night before, seeing as he hadn't been since the day Alice had her vision.

The true intent behind it was still unknown.. There was a girl coming to Forks, that much was clear, but how was she going to change things? Was she like them, or was she an ordinary human? There were so many possibilities that Alice's vision hadn't shown.

A soft knock came from the other side of the door, causing Björn's hands to freeze and his head to turn in that direction. He hadn't even heard his family return, but he could smell them now, occupying the house.

His bedroom door opened slowly, revealing his sister's curling, blonde hair. A delicate smile was resting on her lips as she made her way inside, settling down on the boy's bed. "That was beautiful, frère."

Björn nodded with a matching smile at the girl. Out of all of his adoptive siblings, it had always been clear that he was closest to Robin. He had met her when he was working in the medical field back in 1896. She was human at the time, dying from a case of pneumonia.

Over the time he was tending to her, she was always a ray of sunshine, with so many positive outlooks on life, despite knowing her fate from the time she first entered those hospital doors. The pair became close in an instant, as she seemed to be one of the few good things the Cullen boy had going for him. And so, on her death bed, he pleaded with his adoptive father to not let her leave the world.

She joined Carlisle and himself after that, traveling the world with them, and was even one of the main reasons for Carlisle's choice to turn his other son, Edward into one of them-the former Mason boy and Robin had developed a sort of romance, as she worked as a nurse alongside the two Cullen doctors.

It was safe to say that the pair were inseparable.

"Did you write it yourself?" The girl asked, her bell-like voice ringing off the walls.

Björn cleared his throat softly, nodding once more. "It's something I've been working on," His accent was thick as his voice came out slightly husky, having not spoken in a while. "It's nowhere near done."

She hummed. "I see."

Letting out a sigh, the boy stood, setting his guitar down and moving towards his desk. As he did so, Robin looked around the room, noticing the little things scattered around that showcased who had been present throughout that day. Such as the notebook lying open on his bed, most likely from Oliver's daily journaling. Or the pack of cigarettes on the nightstand that Kota insists will one day give him a fix.

The girl's slender fingers reached for the journal, scanning over the words on the open page. "Is he still trying to make sense of the vision?" She asked, glancing momentarily up at her brother before back down to the page.

Björn hummed, nodding. "Yeah," He said, picking up the mess Kota had made on the desk and starting to put everything back. "He's been scribbling random theories down but nothing is quite making sense, I suppose."

"He knows better than to look too far into it; Alice's visions are not always certain." She absentmindedly flipped through the pages from the last couple of days, seeing the other possibilities listed down on the paper. "He's going to drive himself mad trying to figure it all out."

"You know Oliver; he won't drop it until it makes sense to him." The boy tried to make light of it, turning to Robin with a teasing smirk.

"Do you think she's one of us?"

Björn was quick to shake his head, tossing a couple pens into his desk drawer. "No. No, she's human."

"But how do you-"

"Isabella Swan," He began, turning his body to look at her. As he did so, she noticed how his posture had slightly changed, his voice holding a different accent that wasn't Björn's-talking about it all had made Oliver take control. "That's her name, right? Well, there is only one other Swan in Forks, and judging by how Alice had said she would be joining school, I wouldn't doubt that she's Chief Swan's daughter."

Robin nodded slowly, thinking about it all. "But if she's human, how is she going to change everything? It doesn't make sense."

"That's what I've been trying to figure out." Oliver made his way over to her, the task of cleaning forgotten, and sat down on the bed beside the girl. His hands grabbed the notebook from her hands and flipped to an entry from a few days prior. "This is the only one that makes any sort of logical sense to me."

He glanced at it before deciding to simply give her a general idea. "If Alice had a vision about her, she has to be involved with us somehow. Either she'll figure us out, or someone will grow attached to her. And there's only one in our family that doesn't already have a mate."

Robin looked over at him, piecing togather what he had been saying. "So, you think that this girl could be Björn's mate?"

The boy sighed, shrugging. "I'm not sure, but she could be."

The pair were silent for a moment, thinking over what they had just discussed, neither fully understanding just what was coming their way.