part one, chapter three

┍━━━━━━━━━━┑
Jᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 10ᴛʜ, 2005
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜, 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗
┕━━━━━━━━━━┙

THE TREES FLASHED QUICKLY BY as the boy drove at speeds that were more likely illegal than not. His golden eyes were hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, despite it being another cloudy morning in Forks. The only sound in the car was the loud rumble of the engine and the whipping wind.

A lit cigarette sat between Dakota's lips, the smoke being sucked out through the open window. Some of his hair had fallen from their slicked back style and were brushing against his forehead.

He always enjoyed going for drives; it gave him a chance to get away from the chaos that was the Cullen household. Not to mention the power he felt when driving at speeds that could kill a human if they were to try it.

Before he would have liked, the small town of Forks, Washington came into view, causing the boy to slow his speed down to the legal limit. The cigarette he had between his lips was removed and tossed out the window, getting sucked away by the wind.

The typically dead town was alive with life, the usual weekday morning bustle already have begun-adults trying to make it to their jobs and teenagers trying to make it to school. There were cars, bikes, skateboards, and any form of transportation visible on the main street.

It was only a couple minutes later when the boy turned into the school parking lot, which was already filling up due to the first bell ringing in less than ten minutes. The soft rumble of the Cullen boy's engine caused a few heads to turn and stare as he pulled into his spot. It didn't faze the boy, however, to have eyes on him; it's been like that since his family moved back to the small town.

Dakota stayed in the car for a few minutes, gathering his things and waiting for his siblings to arrive. As he sat there, he decided to tune into conversations happening around the parking lot, trying to find anything that peaked his interest.

He was so focused on a couple of girls talking about their breaks, he didn't realize the other Cullens had pulled up, getting out of their cars and chatting with one another. A soft knock on his window cause the boy to jump slightly and turn his head, seeing a smiling Alice standing on the other side of the glass.

He smiled at the girl, grabbing his things before getting out of the car, joining his family as they stood gathered at the back end of Emmett's Jeep. "Morning, fuckers." Kota said with a teasing smirk.

The younger of the two blonde girls groaned softly, rolling her eyes dramatically at the boy's antics. "You couldn't have at least let Oliver front today?"

It was known amongst the family that Rosalie and Dakota didn't exactly see eye to eye-she didn't like his constant teasing and snarking, and he didn't care for how uptight she was. It often caused bickering between them, much to the annoyance of the others.

"No can do, blondie," He sassed back to her, approaching and throwing an arm around her shoulder, causing another dramatic groan to pass her lips. "You're stuck with me today. Or as long as it takes for Bjorn to yank me back."

"Well he should really hurry that up; you're already getting on my nerves."

Emmett laughed loudly-though everyone was sure that was the only volume his voice ever was-and turned to his mate. "Come on, babe. Lighten up a little."