a new way

*present day 

"What do you mean someone has been stealing money from us" I demand, turning around to face the 2 business men that sit across from me at my desk, Mr Aiguo and Mr Cho my lead project managers who are supervising the construction of our new hotel and casino that is taking place in Japan. They both look towards each other silently holding a conversation with their eyes. My patience is running out.

"Sorry to spoil your moment gentleman but I don't speaking eye fucking, so who is going to tell me what the hell is happening over in Japan?"  

They realise they have been caught and I watch as a red tinge makes its way over their faces, I mentally chuckle. The man to the left Mr Cho,  clears his throat and loosens the tie around his neck, beginning to speak " Miss Beaumont, it seems that while we were doing our monthly spending evaluations on the construction of your new hotel in Aoyama, we have discovered that our calculations weren't adding up and haven't for a few months now,  we are now loosing more than ninety thousand dollars extra each month" my mind starts racing through all the possible reasons we could be losing this money,  but there is only one way This money is disappearing. 

The other gentleman, Mr Aiguo begins his turn to speak  "Which brings us to why we are today Miss Beaumont,  We believe someone in your Japan branch is laundering money for their own uses"  

It makes sense though, I mean it is the only valid enough reason for the moneys disappearance.  Im livid! not that they can see though, after almost 2 years of attending meetings, dealing with idiots and having the paparazzi in my face non-stop, I have learnt how to steel my face into looking as if im a cold hearted bitch ready to rip one of these misogynistic men's balls off.  like my father once said "even a quiver of a lip or a blink too long, can come across just as exaggerated as a slap to the face, So make sure to never show any weaknesses to these hyenas or they will be ripping you to shreds in no time". So throughout the two years I have been living here in Russia, it is one of the only things to have stuck with me.

I stare at the two middle aged men, they squirm under my stare.                                                                   "I want you to look into it more, when you go back to Aoyama I want you to give me a list of everyone working for me on and off the site as well as also checking into all their backgrounds, once you have done that I need you to make another list of the people you possibly could think are behind this idiotic scheme they seem to think they are running" Mr Aiguo and Mr Cho both agree to look into it. " And please once you have done what I have asked of you, call me straight away and I will fly over to Japan myself to see that this person won't ever get out of the grave he has now dug himself into"  again they nod their heads to what I have just said, though I can see there is now a little fear creeping into their features, good! 

"Now, with that out of the way is there anything else I can help you gentleman with?" 

"No, Miss Beaumont. Everything is coming along swiftly construction wise with the new hotel and should be up and running in the next few months" Mr Cho replies. 

I nod my head. " Good, I look forward to my arrival then" taking that as the end of the meeting and they're dismissal, they both thank me for my time and each get out of the chairs they were situated in and head to the big grand doors that would lead them out of my office. Hearing the door click I am finally able to suck in a deep breath and loose some of the tension that was building up in my shoulders. I turn to look out my office windows to see that Moscow is now bursting with bright lights illuminating the night sky.

My office is on the 120th floor residing at the top of Beaumont technology and research centre, my office has all glass walls so that you are able to look out on Moscow's bright and busy flowing streets from all sides of the building. As for the interior of my office its very plain, I have my desk to the far back glass wall so that when I have had enough of looking at ones face I am able to just turn around and look out the window wishing I were someone else instead of talking to whatever old man or a so-called "influential" person that waltzed in to my office and think they can have voice in the business world. But what these idiots don't understand is that what I say goes, so when the answer is no to whatever propostuis idea they propose, they curse me out for being a women, because apparently women know nothing and this is a mans world. IDIOTS.