Damarion Herrera (2)

-Time will not slow down when something unpleasant lies ahead-

The car ride back to our pack is taking longer than usual due to an accident that happened between a truck driver and a lady in a red Chevy Camaro 2SS. Just by looking, I can tell it is a fatal one, as lots of blood was involved. The Chevy Camaro front side was completely crushed by the heavy load truck. In times like these, I thank whoever is out there for my animal part. Our healing ability is ten times faster than that of a human’s.

“God, please, have mercy on the poor soul. I hope that the lady survives this death-dealing wound,” Alisa prays just like the Good Samaritan she is.

“Thank god I’m a werewolf,” Joe mutters, earning a slap at the back of his head from his mate. “What?”

“Don’t say such thing leisurely. Even as a wolf, you can meet your maker or end up like the lady. If you don’t have anything relevant to say, I suggest you keep that mouth of yours shut,” his mate reprimands.

Joe looks at me and back at Alisa before speaking again. “I’m sorry.”

“You better be.”

I shake my head before gazing back outside. We are thirty minutes away from the pack and all I can reminisce about is how Alpha Cage completely dominated my body this morning, hence why I was limping on my way to the camp’s dining room. This man destroyed my cavern in a way that left me breathless. I can still feel him inside me, and I’m certain that it will stay this way for a day or two. The thought of him brings back the aftermath.

“Did you have to be so rough? This is my first time and my backside is killing me,” I groan while propping myself up into a sitting position.

The bastard kisses my forehead while amusement fill his bright blue eyes. “I can’t say I’m sorry since I’m not. That was me leaving a memory. Plus, now you know how I felt and still do after last night."

A memory was left indeed. I smile to myself.

I have never allow someone to top me before. I’m always the one in charge of pummelling in the bedroom, but just one look at Cage’s puppy dog face was enough to crumble my resolve. The alpha male knows how to rouse my desire and also how to make me bend to his will. His power of persuasion is a notch higher than anyone’s I have met before. I pity whoever will be his mate. They have gotten their work cut out for them.

“Dama, what’s up with you?” Joe’s serious tone snaps me out of my stupor.

I turn in his direction with a confuse frown on my forehead. “What do you mean?”

“You’ve been spacing out more than talking these days. We’re worried about you,” the concern in his voice warms my heart.

I give Joe a small smile, letting him know that I appreciate him looking out for me. “I’m good, Jo. Just thinking about stuff.”

He nods in response. “Well, I’m here if you ever need someone to confide in.

Being distracted by trivial things, I fail to notice the car has stop. Averting my gaze, I see the tall Iron Gate that stands between us and the pack. From here, I can feel the buzz of the pack link since we are in the centre of Liberty Wolf’s Territory. I bet you, the moment they open the gate, a bunch of wolves will be there to welcome us. Their kind hearts knows no bound.

This is one of the things I admire about my pack. They go out of their way to make you feel at ease and loved. Liberty Wolf Pack is one of the few packs which gives their wolves as much freedom as an individual will get in the human world while the rest follow old traditions. Our members are allowed to travel anywhere they want, attend either the werewolf or human school, and work outside of the pack with the exception of them not shifting in the presence of a human.

The gate opens and the first person I see is my little sister, Kianna. The last day we saw each other she was ten years old and balling her eyes out while hugging me tightly. I watch as Kianna’s doe eyes widen as a big smile mare her face. She has grown significantly taller and resembles a seventeen year old instead of fifteen. Her long and wild brunette curls was tamed into a neat ponytail in the middle of her head.

My mother, Quinn Herrera, stands next to my father, Valentino Herrera, the current alpha of my pack while dancing back and forth on her feet. A clear sign of her trying to contain herself from running to the car and dragging me out of it. My mother is what one would call a dotting parent. She loves to pamper us and I know she will do so today. It’s inevitable.

“Ready to face the noise?” Alisa asks.

I sigh before opening my side of the door. “Let’s go.”

We all step out and make way to the eager wolves whose smiles are brighter than the sun. Kianna run towards me and engulfs my being into a bear hug. I have missed her so much and my wolf’s reaction mirrors my own since he can feel my little sister’s wolf reaching out to him. Just like we are siblings, the same goes for them. I’m positive they are communicating silently via their bond.

“I’m glad you’re back home. I could use some help to get mom off my back,” Kianna sighs out.
I pull her away, but still at arm’s length and look at her intently. “And why would you need my help?”

“Because of my human boyfriend.”

“Your wha-”

“Oh, my baby is back. Val, our baby is back home,” my mother exclaims while pulling me into another bone-crushing embrace.

“Quinn, stop babying the boy and give him some space to breathe,” my father’s guttural tone causes my mother to hold me tighter in defiance.

“Shut up, Val. I haven’t seen my boy for five years, so don’t you dare tell me what I can and cannot do. My sweet boy has grown into such a fine man and I’m beaming with pride. Oh, baby, look at you all strong and handsome. I bet you have broken some hearts at the camp,” Mom brags, earning a groan from my dad.

I chuckle amusingly. This woman will never change. “Mom, you’re suffocating me.”

“Oopssie. I’m just happy to finally have you home. I could use your help with Kianna. She has been giving a headache lately. Now that you’re here, you can talk some sense into her. Goddess knows I’ve tried and failed.”

“We’ll see about that later, Mom.”

“Okay. Honey, why are you limping? Did something happened to you at the camp? Did you get into a fight?” My mother rambles, drawing my father’s attention to us.

“Nothing like that happened, Mother. I slipped in the shower this morning.”

My mother’s mouth forms an “oh” just as dad stands beside her.

My father shakes my hand and clasps my shoulder. “Welcome home, Son. I hope you enjoyed your time at the camp, given that you took your training seriously.”

“I did, Dad. Thank you.”