The Party

Reki rested his head against Langa's chest, listening to the blue haired boy's comforting heartbeat. Langa's arms tightened around Reki's waist, nuzzling his face into the redhead's neck, humming in satisfaction that they were just there, cuddling. Reki lifted his head up, his lips brushing against Langa's and the bluenette responded by pressing his lips gently against Reki's, soft and kind. Laying there, in Reki's bed, the two laughed against each other's lips, in complete and utter bliss.

"What time is it babe?" Reki asked suddenly, remembering the day's plans.

Langa sighed into Reki's shoulder, his arms hugging the redhead tighter, "Why can't we just stay here for another ten minutes?"

Reki chuckled and slipped out of Langa's arms, the Canadian's hands hesitating before releasing Reki's waist. The redhead reached for his phone and checked the time, 5:24. He stood up and stretched, the party started at 6:45, so he and Langa had a little over an hour to get ready and head to Ahmya's place for the party. Langa sat up in the bed, visibly disappointed. Reki understood, because he really enjoyed snuggling up to Langa and just resting there, but he was also really excited for this party, and Langa understood his excitement.

The two started getting ready, Reki pulled off his usual hoodie in replacement for something better for dancing and such at a party -- a plain black t-shirt and a pair of shorts along with a pair of red converse. Langa replaced his own clothes with something a little nicer -- a dress shirt and some black pants, keeping his purple converse on. Reki almost considered telling his boyfriend that he didn't have to dress so formally but he didn't say anything.

Reki was ready now, all he really needed to do was brush through his naturally wild hair which he could do quickly before leaving. He grabbed his phone and started scrolling through the secret-ish part of Twitter where people discussed events at S, reading through the results of a race between a woman named Reaper and a guy named Larry. Reaper had won apparently. Maybe if Reki could convince Langa, the two could head to S that night and hang out, maybe participate in a race or two themselves.

"This party is gonna be so fun!" Reki exclaimed, carding his fingers through his hair in an attempt to brush it.

Langa nodded, "Yeah, I guess."

Langa wasn't much of a big event person, Reki knew that, but it didn't look like Langa was going to refuse to go. Surely he would warm up to everyone once he got there.

"I'm gonna get some snacks to bring with, we need some!" Reki said, starting out the door.

"I'll come with." Langa replied, following the redhead.

Reki laughed, "You don't need to come with me man, I can do it alone. Maybe brush your hair? No offense but it's a mess."

"I just wanna help." Langa said, continuing to follow Reki to the kitchen, where Reki's mother was making dinner for everyone else.

She smiled, "Hello boys, do you need anything before you go?"

Reki opened the fridge, searching the shelves for any snacks that would be good for the party, "Oh, we just need to bring some food."

His mother hummed in consideration then started rummaging through the pantry. Reki looked confused and beside him, Langa raised an eyebrow. When his mom left the pantry, she held a box full of small bags of chips, handing it over to Reki.

"Woah, it's like you've been prepared for a party for a while." Reki said, laughing.

"Never knew when I'd need them." His mother said, then walked over to plant a kiss on his cheek, "You have fun," Her eyes landed on Langa, "You too Langa."