Chapter 1

It seemed to be a normal day for me and my friend, Tsuna. Little did we know what was to happen next. A car crash, and everything seemed to be going by so quickly. Tsuna got into a coma, while I just had a broken arm. That very week a new band started to play on the radio, the song was about underpants or something. But the song, I fell in love with. I soon learned it was called She Looks So Perfect. The band name seemed all so familiar to me. 5 Seconds of Summer was the name.

 I of course then looked up them up, of course. They looked awfully familiar but I couldn’t place the name with the face. Later that day, I go to the hospital like I do every day for the past 2 and a half months, and I tell Tsuna everything. I also figure I should play her the song that constantly played on the Australian radio station.

 One night in particular was the scariest experience ever. More than the car crash. I get a call in the middle of the night and I knew something… something was up. The doctor’s  told me to come straight away, there was something wrong with Tsuna. I get there and end up waiting two hours before one doctor comes out and call my name.

“Ebony Blake?” The doctor calls. I stare up from my hands.

“Why did you call  me here in the middle of the freakin night?” I wanted to shout, but since I was in a hospital I found that inappropriate.  

“She has woken up… she hasn’t done much, but her eyes are open.” I couldn’t believe it. She was awake, living, alive. Tsuna Fire has been my best friend since birth, if I lost her, I wouldn’t know what to do. Sure, she lived with me since her parents died. I’m just glad she’s here.

“Can I visit her?” The doctor nods, showing me to her room.

 I could see her in the hospital bed, in that hospital gown like she is every day, but today seemed different. Like those long days visiting her didn’t matter, like I never saw her in the hospital because it seemed like a shock seeing her hooked up to all those machines. Just a few months ago, she was the girl that was always playing guitar and constantly talked to her boyfriend, Michael on Skype. Since then I’ve shut myself out from those boys I used to know, I don’t know why, but it didn’t feel right to talk with them. I haven’t even talked to my brother in what seems ever. He’s probably worried. Tsuna’s brother is probably worried. Okay, maybe I should have called.

 I was woken out of my daydream by Tsuna’s phone ringing. It was right on the nightstand next to the bed. I quickly look over to the phone. Michael’s photo and contact name pops up on the screen. No! This can’t be happening. I had completely shut them out of my life, and now I might have to pick up Tsuna’s stupid phone. I give it enough time before it goes to message and then my phone starts to ring. I get it out of my pocket, Luke, my brother was calling. I would pick it up, so I do.

“Hello my big brother.” I say over the phone.

“Where have you been? You haven’t called in like forever.” There was some shuffling over the phone and some fighting.

“Hey, Ebs. Tell Tsuna to please pick up her phone. She hasn’t called me or anything. I quite miss her.” Michael says, I could hear the sadness and longing in his voice. I heard some ‘give the phone to me’ or other conversations.

“Sorry, Ebony. So, how’s life in Australia?” I shrug but then realise he can’t actually see me.

“Alright, I guess. How’s tour going for you guys?” Luke laughs.

“Amazing. Next time we’re in Australia I’m going to drag you to a show.” I sigh, Luke wanted Tsuna and I to come on tour, but High School was just starting and my mum wouldn’t let us anyway. She says that we should go to school and not just drop out like my brother and his friends.

“Fine, fine. But it can’t be on a school night.” Luke laughs again and I heard some commotion in the background. “When are you guys coming back home anyway?”

“‘Bout a week. We have two shows and then we get to stay and have break for awhile.” I couldn’t help the smile on my face. I sure did miss Luke and his crazy friends. Especially Ashton, I’ve had a crush on him for awhile, but he’s way older than me and plus Luke would never let me date one of his friends. Tsuna is an exception, but I’m Luke’s actual sister, he would kill me. Speaking of, if Tsuna isn’t all better, I’ll get killed. How will explain this situation to them?