Opening

*considerable timeskip Y/N POV*

I walk into an alley of Vale where I see a man in a coat, sunglasses, tie and hat. 

Man: "Is it done?"

Y/N: "Yep. The target is as good as dead."

Man: "Good."

He reaches into his coat and hands me a hug stack of Lien.

Man: "This never happened and we never met."

Y/N: "What never happened?"

Man: "Exactly."

He walks away while I walk out of the alley. As soon as I get into the open a van screeches around the corner and rolls down its window.

Voice: "This is for Davey!"

I see a gun and soon have my body pumped full of lead. I die then hear the van drive off. After going to the blank space I return to the living world and groan as I get up. The bullets are pushed out of my body until my wounds fully heal. I look left and see a couple staring at me in shock.

Y/N: "What? Never seen a drive by before?"

I stick my hands in my pockets and begin walking down the street when I pass by a store whose alarm goes off. I go to look inside when a man and a girl come flying through the window. I see more men surround the girl and decide to help her. I draw my weapons and join the fight.

 I draw my weapons and join the fight

I swing my sword and cut open the chest of one man

I swing my sword and cut open the chest of one man. I turn around and fire a shot into another's shoulder. I duck under a sword and swing upwards cutting into my attacker. I feel something cut open my side but grit my teeth and kick my attacker away. I hear running towards me and simply fire taking out the person running to me. I turn around and see a man in a white coat climbing up a ladder. I chase after him and corner him to a ledge. 

That girl joins me when the man jumps into a bullhead and tosses a fire Dust crystal at us. I fire at it which causes a huge wave of heat to expel to us. A blonde woman lands and waves a riding crop dispelling the attack. She waves her riding crop again and sends several purple beams at the bullhead. The bullhead rocks when the woman creates a thunderstorm above the bullhead.

Icicles rain down on the bullhead when a fireball is launched at us. It burns some of my clothes and parts of my skin. The embers from the attack heat up and explode under us. The explosion pushes me back and causes me to stumble backwards. I hit the edge of the building and fall off. I see the concrete get closer until I land on my neck and feel it break killing me.

After a few seconds I wake up and shake my head as my injury heals. I look behind me and see the girl getting dragged by the blonde woman. I holster my weapons and follow after them. I am led to a police station when the woman scolds our behavior.

Woman: "But... there is someone here who wishes to speak with you two."

The door opens and we see a man in a green suit and gray hair. He sits down next to us and talks to the girl who he called Ruby. They have a talk which I ignore until the man who Ruby says is named Ozpin speaks to me.

Ozpin: "Would you like to join my school as well?"

Y/N: "Sure."

Ozpin: "Good, the airship will pick you two up tomorrow, don't be late."

Ruby: "We won't."

We get up and leave when Ozpin stops me.

Ozpin: "Mind if we talk?"

I sit back down and cross my arms.

Y/N: "What is it you want to talk about?"

He pulls out the tablet from earlier and somehow shows the footage of me dieing twice.

Ozpin: "You were the victim of a drive by and a seven story drop. Yet here you stand alive and well, how?"

Y/N: "Sorry, but I can't tell you."

Ozpin: "May there be a reason?"

Y/N: "Trust. We just met and I don't trust you all that much."

Ozpin: "Understandable. Feel free to tell me when you're ready."

I nod and head out of the police station to wait for the airship to arrive.