Chapter 7

Lydia felt Jordan’s strong arms wrap around her waist, pulling her close, and her heart was beating so fast that she couldn’t even think straight. Her eyes found his green ones, and their gazes locked for a few seconds. But to Lydia, it felt like it was a lifetime. Jordan then leaned closer to her, and she knew what was going to happen next.

“Please don’t hate me for this,” Jordan murmured before pressing his lips against hers.

His lips felt warm and soft against hers, as she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer and enjoying the taste of his mouth on hers. Kissing Jordan, it felt like there was no one around. Like everything that surrounded them disappeared and nothing else mattered except for the way their lips locked together like missing puzzle pieces. Lydia felt butterflies in her stomach, and she couldn’t explain this feeling she was having. She had never felt anything like this before.

This was different.

Jordan gently laid her down on her bed, making sure he was careful not to crush her or manhandle her, even though she was so used to the latter. He then slowly started unbuttoning her shirt, his fingers lingering, and Lydia was enjoying the way his touch left a burning warmth buzzing on her skin , until...

She heard an annoying alarm sound next to her bed.

Lydia groaned, hitting the snooze button on the alarm set on her phone before opening her eyes. She glanced out the window and saw that the sun wasn’t shining. It was one of those rare days in Beacon Hills. She sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes to rouse herself from sleep, and it’s only then that she realized it was just all a dream. Jordan kissing her, touching her...All of it had been a dream. But even if it was a dream, Lydia couldn’t stop feeling the warm feeling inside her that she felt when he had kissed her in her dream. Ever since what happened a few nights ago, when Jordan had held her face in his warm hands after she finished cleaning up his wounds, she swore that he was going to kiss her. She remembered the way her heart was pounding through her chest so fast when his lips were mere inches away from hers, that she was afraid he would hear it. And now, paired with the dream she just had, it felt like someone had just opened a jar full of butterflies inside her stomach and there was nothing she could do now to make that fluttery feeling go away.

Sighing, her gaze wandered over to the time where she realized she was almost late to go to the station. Lydia immediately got up from her bedroom and quickly freshened up, making sure she still looked fresh and clean before putting on her make up before putting on one of her floral skirts and slipping on a button up shirt where she tied the bottom of the shirt, exposing the skin of her stomach a little. After checking in the mirror one more time to make sure she looked good even though she technically just rolled out of bed, she touched up on her lipstick, tousled her hair a little with her fingers, and then finally satisfied, strut out the door.  

Luckily, the station was just about ten minutes away from her house, but she quickly drove there anyways, and by the time she entered the place, it was busy and packed with deputies working.

She glanced around the station to find a certain deputy, but she couldn’t find him. She took a peek at the window of his office, but his desk was empty. Where could he be? She started to feel herself get a little worried, because what if he was avoiding her after what happened? No, no, she told herself. He wouldn’t do that, or would he? Suddenly, she heard a door open behind her making her quickly turn around, and to her relief, she saw Jordan walking out of the Sheriff’s office with a frown on his face and a file in his hand.