chapter 41

"What the hell are you doing here didn't I tell you not to come back" he said.

"I want to talk Mia" I said as he walked over to me.

"Leave, she doesn't want to see or speak to you" Lorenzo spat and I knitted my eyebrows, standing in one place with a frown on my face.

"I'm not leaving until I see her" I paused, I don't get why you hate me so much Lorenzo but whether you like it or not we are still going to be together" I told him and his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"I don't hate you, it's just that I don't trust you with my daughter. I want someone who truly loves her, who can protect and treat her like a queen not someone who puts her in more danger then she's already in.

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt her, I'll do anything to protect, I  love her" I boldly said. "Mia!" I shouted while looking up the stairs. I was about to walk pass him but he placed his hand on my shoulder stopping me from moving.

"She won't hear you" Lorenzo said, closing his eyes he sighed. It was as if he was thinking about something. Opening his eyes he stared into mines. "Go" he simply said.

"What?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Go, She's in the medical room down the hall to your right. She's doing her check up" he said and I nodded. "And I'm sorry about that" he said while pointing that cuts and bruises. I did what he said then stopped in front of a door the had Dr. Office engraved in it. I took a deep breath then sighed. I know she's going to be mad at me. I was about to knock on the door when it open. A elderly man with a telescope asking his neck, he had on glasses, a pen in his pocket and a clipboard in had.

"Excuse me, is Mia inside?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Not to be rude but who are you, I've never seen you here before?" The doctor asked.

"Oh, I'm Mia's boyfriend and the father of the baby" I told him and he smiled.

"Okay, I see that you have been injured would you like me to help you with that" he said and I shook my head.

"No I just want to see Mia" I said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry but she gave me orders that she didn't want to see anyone" he was about to walk away but I stop him.

"Please, I'm sure she won't gave a problem with me seeing her" I said and he sighed then nodded.

"Okay but before you go, Mia is not eating so the baby is not fully develop and she is underweight. I asked her why or what is happening with her because the first couple of moths she doing great. She wouldn't tell me, she keeps saying she is fine and right now she is laying down look all sad and stressed, this is not good for her or the baby, I will keep checking up on her to make sure she's okay, I suggested that shes stays in this room but she  told me that she'll feel uncomfortable" he said and I sighed, this is all my fault, I'm so stupid.

"Thanks for letting me know" I whispered and he nodded then walked off. I was scared to enter her room because I knew she would be upset with me. Slowly opening the door I slowly walked in unnoticed. Mia's was laying in bed with her back turned towards me.

"Why are you here Zane?" She asked and I wondered how she knew it was me.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked as I took slow steps towards her, I winced at the pain I was feeling in my side.

"The perfume that you used" she said and I smiled, I walked over to the chair that was in front of her bed then sat down. I looked at and her eyes were shut and one hand on her baby bump.

"Mia I-" I was about to say something when she cut me off.

"I don't want to speak to you please leave" she said and heart drop and broke into pieces but I deserve it. "Go Zane, ignore me just like you did before" her voice sound low as if she was about to cry.

"Mia please I'm sorry, that was a stupid thing to do but your dad went so far to hit me so I gave up" I said and her eyes fluttered open. She looked down at her hand that was resting on her tummy.

"Then why did you come back Zane?" She sniffed.

"Because I love you, what I did was stupid and I'm realising that now. I want to be with you, please I'm sorry" I told her, I tried making eye contact with her but she wouldn't look at me. "Kitty" I whispered, her lips parted as if she was about to say something but she stopped herself.

"I want to be alone" she said and I sighed.

"I got mad over something stupid but I acted that way because I hated the thought of you getting hurt. I want to be able to protect you. Fight together so if you get hurt by anyone I will kill them" I said and the tears that was in her eyes slowly trailed down her cheek and onto her pillow. I wanted to hug her so bad and let her know it's okay but she'll get angry at me.

Mia looked over at Me and her eyes widen, she had this concern look on her face. She was about to say something but she stopped herself. That concerned look was replaced with I don't care. "What happened?" She asked as she looked at me from head to toe.

"It's nothing" I brushed it off even though truly I was in a lot of pain. I could feel someone wet trailing down. My forehead. I tried so hard to ignore it but I couldn't.  I slow bring my hand up to my forest to wipe it off.

"How did this happen" She looked so worried and I wish she wasn't.

"It happen just awhile ago the guards came to kill me but luckily I was saved by Nikolai" I told her and she mouthed 'oh'. We sat there in silence for a minute until I broke it. "Are you okay the doctor told me everything" I said and she began playing with the hem of her shirt while staring down at the floor.

"I'm fine, now that you know you can go" she said and I sighed.

"Mia I'm not leaving, I'm going to sit right here until the baby and you are healthy and good to go" I told her and she kept quiet. "Did you eat something this morning?" I asked and she nodded. "What?" I asked and she started mumbling.

"Toast......" I was waiting for her to continue but it seems that was it.

"Are you serious Mia? That's the only thing you ate" I said and she nodded while nervously biting on her lip. "But you love food, this is all my fault. I promise I'll make it up to you, for all the stupid things I've done.

"It's okay Zane, I can take care of myself" she said and I shook my head.

"No Mia I'm not leaving your side, I know you don't want me near you but please give me a chance to make it up to you" I paused and she said nothing. "Um... I'm going to get you something to eat okay, what would you like?" I asked as I tried standing up, she looked at me then shrugged her shoulder.

"I'm not hungry" she said in a low voice and I sighed.

"I'm going to make you somthing" I was about to walk away when she told me to stop.

"Wait... my dad" she nervously said and I chuckled.

"He's okay with us being together, I told him that whether he likes it or not we'll still be together" I said and I saw her blushing a little.

"And.... um.. can you please let the doctor look at your wounds?" She paused "I don't like seeing you like this" she said softly and I nodded.

"Okay, I'll get you something to eat first and again I'm sorry for the way I behaved hope you can forgive me" I said and she pursed her then closed her eyes. I sighed then left the room.
••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🙁