chapter 17

I couldn't resist you even if I tried, I was meant to be yours
•••••••••••••

I didn't want Zane to see my face. "I know you're not sleeping" his footsteps getting closer.

"Go away Zane" I said and he chuckled.

"Mia aren't you happy to see me?" He asked. I could feel the bed move which means he was sitting or laying down.

"Zane you are not supposed to be here just go" I said but the last part came out as a whisper.

"Mia are you okay, did I do something wrong" he asked then got of the bed. He footsteps were getting even closer. I placed my hand on my eye to hide the bruise. As soon as I blinked he was standing infront of me. "Mia" he called then sat down on my bed. He pulled me up so that I was sitting up and looking at him.

"Zane please, just leave I'm not in the mood" I said and he knitted his eyebrows together.

"No Mia I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong" he said then placed one hand on my cheek and the other on my hand. He slowly pulled my hand away from my face and I stared into his eyes. "What happen to your eye?" He asked but I said nothing. "Mia!" He almost shout and I jumped.

"I got into a fight" I told him and his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"With who, did you go on a mission that I don't know about" he asked and I shook my head.

"It's nothing Zane" I told him and he got angry then stood, he started pacing around the room with his finger on his nose bridge.

"Mia don't tell me it's nothing! You are never like this. For god sakes you are crying. Now tell who did it Mia?" He said. Wait! Was I crying? I didn't even realised. I wiped my tears and looked up at Zane through my eyelashes.

"Emilio and I got into a fight" I told and he sat back down then placed my small hand in his large ones.

"Why? What did he say to you?" He questioned and I bit down on my lip nervously.

"He wanted to r-" I was so scared to say rape because I knew Zane was going to get really mad.

"He wanted to what Mia, to what? I'm getting really impatient here!" he shouted

"I went to the mall with my sister, and I left my phone in the car so I had to go get it. Then one of Emilio guards tried to attack me and I beat him up but then more guards started coming. Emilio came up to me then started saying stupid things about you. When I told his how sweet and caring you were he got mad" I paused and Zane nodded "He wanted to rape me and then let his guards have fun after, he was going to use me as his sex slave Zane" I cried and Zane shot up. I looked up at him and he was really angry, he could snap someone's head off with his bare hands. I'd never seen this side of him and it really scares me.

"What!" He voice boom through the room. "I'm going to kill that fucking bastard for hitting you and for trying rape you. I'm going to kill his guards, everyone that he fucking loves" he said and I cried even more. "Didn't you have your gun Mia" he asked and I shook my head.

"I didn't carry anything, if Emilio's guard didn't leave I would've been with him, I had to beat Emilio up or he would've used me as his sex slave" I said and Zane hand balled into a fist.

"Mia how could you do that, you should have your gun at all times, people hates you Mia, they know who you are, there is no such thing as safe when your apart of a Mafia" he said while pointing at me. "We would've found you Mia" he said and I shook my head.

"Even if you did Zane they would've already raped me. I would've been broken" I said and he sat back down then caressed my cheek. He closed his eyes then opened it and he was a little calm.

"I'm glad nothing happened to you or I wouldn't be able to live with myself" he said and I leaned into his touch. Zane stood up then walked over to my window.

"Zane where are you going?" I asked and he stopped in his tracks then turned to look at me.

"I'm going to take care of some business" he said and I shook my head.

"Please don't go I want you to stay with me, don't do it okay " I told him and his adam apple bobbed when he swallowed. He sighed then walked over to me.

"Okay I'll stay" he said and I gave him a small smiled then laid back in bed. Zane climbed on top of my bed then laid down beside me. He wrapped his arms around my waist then pulled me closer to his body, burying his head into my neck. He didn't even bother to take off his clothes because normally he would.

"Good night" I whispered.

"Good night Mia" he said then kissed my neck. We stayed in that position until my eyes were getting tired. I closed them and darkness consumed me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZANES POV

"No, no stop!" She screamed, my eyes flew opened I looked around the room. Mia was crying in her sleep which was really weird. I've never seen this side of her. I sat up then looked down at her. "Leave me alone Emilio" she cried and I balled my hand in a fist. I placed my hand on her cheek. She sat up and she started hitting my chest.

"Mia open your eyes baby it's okay" I whispered and her eyes fluttered open. She looked up at me then hugged me really tight. "Shhh it's okay" I whispered as she sobbed into my chest.

"I had a really bad dream Zane, why am I so weak?" She asked and I kissed the top of her head.

"You're not weak you're just scared whatever happened to you shouldn't have happened. Look Mia sometimes these things happen and that's why you should have bodyguards or your weapons because anyone can attack or try to hurt you" I said and she nodded.

"I dreamt that he was hurting me while having sex with me, I couldn't fight him off Zane" she said then pulled back.

"It's just a dream okay remember that I'm always here" I told her and she nodded. I could tell she was thinking about something. "Mia get some rest okay" I said and she laid back.

"Don't go okay" she said to me and I nodded then laid down beside her. Emilio I'm going to kill you for hurting Mia. I don't care what happens after I'm done with him and his guards.
••••••••••••••••••••

You guys deserve this 😊

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 😐