Chapter the T H I R T Y - F O U R T H

In which M/N is sacked (in multiple ways).

Across the country, people watch in horror as an emaciated All Might crumples to the ground. The broadcast cuts out, leaving thousands of televisions blank and the hiss of static fills the shocked silence. In particular, the group of four UA students stands helpless in front of the conveniently displayed display-window television.

"Hey guys, I'm back. You want to go to McDick's? I really don't want to deal with the police right now. Or ever." He glances at their faces, taking note of how weird they look. "What? You look like something incredibly important, not just to you but to millions of people, died."

XXX

"Inspector, have they uncovered any further evidence from the scene?"

"They're still working on it, but forces are still spread pretty thin and everything is really chaotic."

"But isn't this the symbol of peace? Shouldn't it be held in some higher importance?"

"I understand what you mean, but they told me forensics will hopefully come up with something soon. Maybe CCTV too, if it wasn't destroyed before it all went down."

XXX

As he trudges slowly toward his house, M/N rolls his shoulders in thought. It wasn't his intention for all this to happen (now, anyway), but he'd have to make it work. His eyes catch on the flashing lights of multiple police cruisers in various states of occupancy strewn across the street and front lawn of his house.

"Well that's just terrible. You'd think they'd have known better than to come here by now. Despite this unfortunate turn of events, I, as always, have a plan." Of course, this plan is simply to go through the backdoor and army crawl up the stairs*, freezing in place upon detection. M/N scrabbles over the back fence, one foot landing on the comically placed rake that flies upward to nail him in the face (as is required by law). He shakes off the pain from a row of small punctures across his facial features, forgetting what he was doing and slamming open the backdoor.

"I'M BACK, MA!!!!" The multiple officers talking to M/N's mother perk up, staring from the front of the house through several walls and containers of unspecified biological materials at his disheveled form. "Oh, oops."

XXX

"So this is the bullet?"

"Yep. They said it absolutely shattered three ribs and was dead in the middle of some previous injury. .50 AE round, not very common."

"It should be relatively easy to trace, right?"

XXX

M/N's phone continued to be bombarded by messages from classmates for the next few days, mostly going ignored or responded to with a suitable meme**. It wasn't that he didn't care, it's that he forgot how to properly interact with people in an in-character manner. However, it reached the approximate time for dorms (and therefore, Aizawa with his hair tied back) to show up.

As M/N lays on the couch nearest the door, painstakingly FlexSeal-ing rainbow thumbtacks to the outside of his designated school sneakers (they looked exactly the same as his everyday shoes, but he is hoping to rectify this drastic error while simultaneously taking inspiration from Bakugo "kill with my knees" Katsuki to create the ultimate murder machine), a knock sounds from the door. M/N rolls onto the floor and then to the door, beating his best time and slamming into the wood. He slides his head out through the animal flap meant only for Craphole the Baby Killer, staring excitedly up at Aizawa.