XII. Menace

"I want one scoop of chocolate, one of cotton candy, and one of strawberry sherbet." Minji happily told her order to the cashier of the ice cream shop.

As her order was being made, she took out her wallet - taking out the money she would use to pay for the dessert.

Heeseung saw her and he lightly tapped her shoulder, telling her to put away the wallet.

"This one's my treat." he said as he smiled at her

"Really? But it's okay, I can pay for-"

"No no, I insist. Besides, I invited you here in the first place."

"Well, alrighty then if you say so." Minji said, thanking Heeseung for the free food.

While waiting, Minji noticed Jungwon saying his order, and she thought that Heeseung would be paying for all of them.

"Hey Jungwon, Heeseung said that he'll pay for it."

"I-I'll what??" Heeseung said in surprise after hearing the statement.

He didn't think Minji would tell Jungwon that it was his treat. He was hoping to treat just Minji, not some other guy he's cautious about.

"Hmm?" Jungwon asked with one of his eyebrows up.

"Yeah! Right Heeseung?"

"W-well I was just going to-" Heeseung was saying, until Jungwon spoke out.

"No, it's okay. I'll pay for mine." Jungwon said

It would be quite dumb if Heeseung thinks Jungwon doesn't know what's up. Jungwon has been observing his hyung, seeing Heesung's reactions every time he'd show up, seeing how Heeseung would stare at him when he's near Minji. Jungwon knows what's going on, it was quite obvious.

As soon as they got their orders, they looked for a table they could stay at. Fortunately, the shop wasn't filled with many customers, making it easy to find a spot.

Heeseung and Minji sat on the same side of the table, while Jungwon sat on the opposite side. 

Although the three of them were able to chat about small things like school and their other friends, one of them felt weird. Every bite he took of his ice cream, Jungwon felt this strange presence. He could feel it from a few steps away.

He felt a tingle go up his spine, his bones shivering not from the cold dessert, but from the weird and powerful energy coming closer and closer.

He felt a pair of eyes staring at his every move.

"I know this aura...it can't be...is she chasing after me? What does she want now? I left without a trace, how could she know where I am?"

"Hey, are you okay? You seem a little tensed." Minji asked Jungwon.

He was more silent than usual, Minji could even see Jungwon fidget his fingers and see his legs shaking.

"If it's too cold in here, we can stay outside if you'd like." Minji said with a concerned smile.

"Ahh, no no, it's okay."

"Are you sure? You look really tensed, and you keep fidgeting."

"I'm fine, I just need to use the restroom."

Jungwon stood up from the couch, hoping to go to the restroom to wash his face. He thought that this was all in his head, that he was overthinking - or he hoped that that strange feeling was just his body responding to the cold dairy product.

He turned around - suddenly realizing that the feeling wasn't because of the ice cream.

It was because of her.