XIV. Secrets

"S-Sunghoon hyung??!!" Jungwon said in shock.

Upon hearing someone  shout his name, Sunghoon immediately sat up straight, panicking and looking around - searching for who said that.

Even Jake was surprised. As soon as he heard the voice, he immediately pushed Sunghoon away, and acted like they weren't doing anything.

"You guys are together??" Jungwon said. At first, he was shocked to see the two. But after that, he didn't really care.

He wasn't against it, but he wasn't that thrilled either - it's because that's his personality. He doesn't do 'enthusiasm'

"W-What? I-I don't know what you're talking about." Sunghoon said as he immediately grabbed his bag and stood up.

"M-my coach just texted a-and I have to go. Uhm, bye Jungwon, bye Jakey- I-I mean Jake! Bye." he said in a rush.

As Sunghoon left the place, Jake kept his focus on a random book he found on the floor - staring at it to avoid eye contact with Jungwon.

"Wow." Jungwon said slightly - just slightly enthusiastic

"I know, I know! It's weird okay..." Jake said sadly. He looked sad and gloomy, like something really bad just happened.

Jungwon noticed it and sat down beside Jake.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing...I just-"

"Are you ashamed of being with Sunghoon hyung?"

"What? No! I would never be asham-"

"Then why are you acting like you are?"

Jake kept silent for a moment. Yes, he wasn't ashamed of being with Sunghoon. But he wasn't so open to the idea of letting others see them together either.

"It's just- my parents aren't exactly the most accepting people on this planet. They would freak out if I told them I was with a guy, a-and I just don't want anything bad to happen to Sunghoon..."

"To Sunghoon hyung?? What could your parents possibly do to him??"

"I don't know either. I'm...not exactly proud of my parents. They can be...harsh at times. I-it's complicated. And I'm afraid they might do something to Sunghoon if they find out."

"Ahh...then if that's the only reason, why'd both of you act like that when I saw you?"

"Well...we aren't that comfortable yet. You know...showing people we're together."

Jake massaged his own hands. He was afraid that something terrible would happen to them if other people knew.

He was afraid of how other people would react, as well as how his and Sunghoon's parents would react. Would all of them accept them?

Would something bad happen to him? Would his parents have to send him somewhere far away from his friends, and most importantly far away from Sunghoon?

Would something bad happen to Sunghoon? Would their relationship affect his career as a figure skater if people found out?

Endless possibilities kept popping up in Jake's head.

Losing Sunghoon was one of his biggest fears.

"Please Jungwon...please please please don't tell anyone. I'll do anything you ask."

"Anything??"

"Well, as long as it's reasonable of course."

Jungwon thought long and hard. Is there something that he wants Jake to do?