XLVII. Do We Have a Deal?

---EARLIER THAT DAY---

Jungwon and Minji once again have a short period of free time that they can spend together. So they decided to pass the time by going to an ice cream store.

Remember the ice cream place they went to 2 years ago? The one where they were with Heeseung, and the one where Jungwon first saw Katsumi in Korea - they're at the same place, but this time it's just the two of them.

"We've been spending a lot of time together, I feel like we're really close now!" Minji said with a huge smile on her face.

Jungwon was forced to return the smile even if he was still licking his ice cream. That made him accidentally and messily brush the dessert against his lips.

Minji giggled after seeing how clumsy Jungwon was.

"You have something here." she said as she pointed at her lips.

Jungwon furrowed his eyebrows and squinted his eyes. He wondered what she was trying to say.

"I have a what in where??" he asked.

Minji just kept pointing at her lips, while Jungwon's brain was still processing the information he is seeing.

"What do I have on her...lips??" Jungwon thought. As he continued to decipher her actions, he can't help but stare at her lips, cause, well - she was literally pointing at it multiple times.

To him, it looked pretty. It matches the rest of her facial beauty.

He zoned out at the thought of her beauty, he is very much in love with how pretty she is.

Minji sighed because Jungwon can't understand what she was saying. So, she decided to wipe it off herself.

She smudged her fingers against the left corner of his lips - her soft skin touching his soft lips.

This scenario is something that would definitely happen in a K-Drama. Cue the K-Drama OST.

It was just a simple action - Minji wipes his lips for him. It isn't really a big deal, but the silence that was present at the moment made it seem like it was a very big deal.

Minji stared at his lips as she timidly rested her fingers on his lips.

Something about that moment made Minji become speechless - it made her think of Jungwon's lips and only Jungwon's lips.

Even Jungwon was speechless. He just stared at her eyes - like he was observing the depths of the vast galaxy - seeing a reflection of himself in her beautiful shiny eyes.

His hand suddenly slowly reached for her hand. It's like his hand were moving on its own like it has its own mind - and what it wanted was to hold her hand.

After a few seconds, his hand was only a few centimeters from hers - but with much haste, Minji pulled hers away from his lips.

She anxiously breathed in and out, hands trembling a bit - and realizing what on Earth she was doing.

She can't believe she did something like that. She's not referring to the wiping of his lips - but at the thoughts she had while doing so.

"Minji I-" Jungwon said, trying to reach for her hand, but she quickly stood up and stepped back.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in that way-" she said before running towards the restroom.