Chapter 2: The Aftermath

Part 1: 

Lily screamed for what was supposedly the fifth time that night before turning to James, a large newspaper was clutched in her right fist as if it was a lifeline.

 ¨I!¨ Smack ¨NEVER!¨ Smack ¨HAVE¨ Smack ¨SEEN¨" Smack ¨SUCH¨ Smack ¨INCOMPETENCE!¨ Smack ¨IN MY¨ Smack ¨ENTIRE LIFE!¨ 

She finished by throwing the bundle of paper at James Potter's head. ¨Lily I-¨

 ¨WAS TAKING A NAP I KNOW I KNOW! BUT YOU COULDN'T EVEN SENSE THE WARDS DROP?¨ She took to throwing large pillows at the Auror. 

¨OUR CHILD IS GONE! HOW ARE YOU SO CALM?¨ James sighed, ¨Yeah, but we still have Leo.¨

Lily shrieked again before racing up stairs and throwing open the second door. The room was slightly disgruntled, one of the walls was blasted open, the debris scattered everywhere, and in the middle of it all, laying close eyed on the crib with a small crescent shaped circle looping over one eye, was Leo Bramble Potter, The boy who lived. 

Part 2: 

Dumbledore clapped his hands together smiling, ¨It has been decided, Leo Potter is the boy who lived!¨

 The crowd erupted into cheers and chants while the reporters set their cameras to rapid fire, trying to soak in every moment of the historic event. 

A small child was sitting on a large floating bean bag. The childś golden brown hair was tucked into a soft foldover while his glittering eyes sparkled under the attention and adoration of the people. They had a soft tinge to them, like mossy trees on a bright morning. Little did the parents know how clouded with fame they would become over the next years. 

Lily and James stood arm to arm above the floating bean bag that held their son for the entirety of the crowd to see. The child giggled and waved his arms around. As one the crowd let out a large ¨Awwwww¨

 Dumbledore puffed out his chest as if they were praising him, which they may as well have been. His careful fabrication of the plan and the steady encouragement, leading to the creation of a photo perfect light family. Should he have not dabbled so much in others lives? Perhaps, but after all, it was for the greater good.

~+~+~+~+~

Sorry for the short chapters, the main point of this was to view the responses of Dumbles and the Potters. The next ones will be longer and crammed full of plot line and info. Please try and bear with me!