Chapter 4: The New Students

They girls looked at Vivi, each had different forms of amusement to shock on their faces. Vivi opened their link to explain, "I have dreams or visions...they are almost... like memories ...

There are four women, each with a particular ability like we have; water, earth, air, and fire... In the dream, I am always looking down on them but also am the one with the water ability, it is during those dreams I feel a familial connection...like I should know them but have forgotten. I have spoken with none about my visions, visions after hearing about the High Elemental, are memories that had occurred in the past. 

What I see, is what had truly happened to the High Elemental not what the world wants us to know." Vivi took a deep breath, "Due to our heritage, we have never believed what any King allowed his subjects to know, it has never rung true to us. We all know of my gift of truth-seeking, and the story of the High Elementals is like a blinding white arrow pointing me in the direction to follow."

Vivi looked each girl in the eye, "If the story on the High Elementals is true, then we have found the answer to our long-thought-of questions."

The girls nodded in thought, and as they scurried down the hallway to their next classroom, they processed all Vivi had said and thought on their own opinions.

The bell rang just as the girls found their seats, sitting once more together in the same order. Our teacher, Mr. Duns (aka Mr. Grey) , always work varying types of grey, and today was no different, he wore a charcoal colored suit. His brown hair and glasses pulled of the earth world's professor look. Twenty minutes after class began the phone on the teacher's desk rang. Mr. Grey stopped in the middle of his lecture, walked over to his desk, and answered the phone.

Mr. Grey: "Hello.... You want her right now? Ok, I'll send her down Mr. Blackbourne.... ummhumm.... bye."

Looking up Mr. Grey caught Vivi's eye, "Vivi, Mr. Blackbourne, wishes to see you in his office right away. Leave your things."

Vivi nodded and blinked out of existence, reappearing in front of Mr. Blackbourne's office.

~~~~Vivi~~~~

I walked up through the doorway into the office and up to the desk. "Hello Suzi," I greeted Mr. Blackbourne's secretary, "Mr. Blackbourne called me out of class. Do you want me to go ahead and walk into Mr. Blackbourne's office or wait here?"

Suzi, a blond headed woman with expressive green eyes, spoke, "Just wait here for Mr. Blackbourne, Vivi. I'll send an email through to notify him that you are here." With that I turned from the desk and took a seat by the wall opposite the desk. As I waited I looked around at the office. While it looked like the rest of the school in color and décor, most sides of the office were covered in unbreakable windows (meaning that they were held together by strong magic). The windows allowed the people in the office to monitor hallways if need be, images would pop up on them like a tv show, but often, students could not look into the office.

"Vivi," Mr. Blackbourne appeared and said my name. I looked up at him and noticed his serious expression. His black suit and styled hair did nothing but accent his intensity and seriousness. I stood up and walked over to him, "Mr. Blackbourne."

He waved to me to a head to his office, leaving Suzi with some final instructions, "If the new students arrive, have them wait in the spare office." Suzi nodded her head in understanding, then Mr. Blackbourne closed the door to his office.

"I imagine this is about the new students. Are they a threat to my friends or me? Or are they needing protection?" I got straight to the point.

Mr. Blackbourne shook his head, "Always right to the point, that is what I like about you Vivi. Anyways you are correct in assuming this is about the new students coming into our school. There are four boys coming in, they might need help from the girl population, but they should be able to hand themselves. As to whether or not they will impact your group, I could not answer. Now to get to the point, I wanted you to be aware of them, you may be called in to protect them if need be. Also, I didn't want to catch you off guard should trouble arise."

I looked at him intensely, "You expect there to be trouble. Is it from the school or for the neighboring kingdom of Can'tar?"

"Sometimes you are to astute. We believe that having them come here might arise the Can'tarians to strike," Mr. Blackbourne spoke.

I nodded my head in understanding, "We will start the precautions immediately after school. Make sure to have the new students key into the system or the precautions will think they are the enemy and remove the threat." I mind linked the girls, "We need to begin the precautions for the school immediately after it lets out. I will fill you in later." Then I shut the link before they could respond, "We will be ready, Mr. Blackbourne."

He nodded his head and a look of relief passed over his face, "If you wish Vivi, you may go back to class, there is nothing more to discuss here."

I nodded my head and made my way to the door, Mr. Blackbourne followed. When we reached the main lobby of the office, a group of black suited men with sun glasses surrounded a group of boys, four of them. We walked until we were five feet from them. I surveyed the men in front of me before looking to Mr. Blackbourne, "No trouble at all hum."

"Off to class now Miss. Rhea," Mr. Blackbourne spoke.

I went to walk through the doors, but the men in suits would not let me pass, "Excuse me, but could I get through please."

The men in black did nothing, not even looking in my direction. I walked back to my former spot. I looked through the men to the four boys inside, they were all tall around six feet, one had short black hair, and the front fell over his eyes which were ice blue eyes, another with spikey blond hair with silver eyes, a third boy had red-brown hair and black eyes, and the last boy had short deep brown hair and dark emerald eyes. I spoke out loud to the boys, "Will you tell your body guards to move?"

The black-haired boy smirked, and in a smooth tenor-baritone voice spoke back, "I don't think I will."

I glared at the boy, narrowing my own ice blue eyes, then I smirked. I watched the black-haired boy's eyes narrow in suspicion, "I guess I'll make my own path."

Mr. Blackbourne stepped in, "Miss. Rhea, please go wait in the lounge."

I quirked an eyebrow, Mr. Blackbourne sighed, and the boys' eyes narrowed. "Naw, I don't think so, I believe I'm done here."

Mr. Blackbourne quickly spoke, "Miss. Rhea..." but it was too late. I winked my right eye at the boys before I winked out of sight. Just before I disappeared, I saw the black-haired boy's predatory expression (of a wolf hunting prey), and smirked. 'Game on.'

I reappeared in front of Mr. Grey's classroom, I knocked on the door and waited for it to open. When it did, I walked in and sat down again.