Chapter 7: The Fight

"Game on," the boys murmured before racing after the girls.

Rayan went straight for Vivi, but she proved to be harder to catch, so he turned his focus on one of his friends, so he tagged the blond-haired boy, Ermir. Ermir looked at him in disbelief but turned and raced after Ava. Around and around the game went until they called quits and rested under the tree, laying on the grass. Rayan laid next to Vivi whom had sat down next to Ava. Ava had a space next to her before Ane, then Mc. The boys looked at Rayan who shrugged. Dimitri sat down next to Ava, Ermir followed his friend down sitting next to Ane, lastly Tyson sat down next to Mc.

"How did you get away from your paparazzi?" Vivi asked.

"We cloned ourselves in a sense. While it appears that we are still inside, it is nothing but a trick that will dissolve when we go back into the dining room," Rayan confided.

For a few more moments the group stayed silent and looked up into the deep blue sky. All to soon the bells sounded, letting them know that lunch was over. Everyone groaned before getting back to their feet.

Ane looked at the group before smiling wickedly, "Whose ready to dive back into the irritating crowds of high school. Or, who is ready to be fawned over by overzealous groupies?"

"You need to work on your humor Ane," Mc spoke with a deadpan expression, "It's a little dry."

"Well on the bright side, we won't be followed by groupies," Ava laughed, making the boys grumble.

Vivi threw in her two senses, "Oh no, the horrors of groupies. The never-ending smothering of female faes with a soft spot for hero complexes."

"That is just rude you know," Dimitri spoke.

"Yeah, we didn't ask for groupies," Ermir added.

"We can't help it if we are hot," Tyson joked.

"It isn't our fault if we have to constantly save females because they are stupid enough to play the damsels in distress part," Rayan cockily added.

"And that makes it all better? Humm, if that is how you truly feel..." Vivi started as they began walking through the doors into the school and shared a look with Mc.

"OMG IT'S RAYAN FROST" The girls yelled out in a sugary voice. Immediately the female population did a 180 and ran towards the boys, surrounding them.

Vivi looked at Rayan, batted her eyes, and whispered in his ear, "How do you like the attention now, my Ice Prince." Her words caused Rayan's blue eyes to blaze brightly.

Before Rayan and the other boys could respond, the girls faded into the crowd and were gone. "Damn," the boys murmured. The boys used their magik to get out of the female fae circle, reappearing in the hallway outside the dining room.

Ermir turned to the others, "Where do you think they went?"

Rayan pointed to a large circle in the center of the hallway where loud voices were coming from, "My bet is somewhere in there."

They boys quickly made their way into the circle and through up to the forefront.

~~~~Vivi's fight~~~~

"As funny as that was, it was equally as cruel to them," Ava chastened.

"Eh, they had it coming," Mc commented.

"We will see if they retaliate," Ane slyly grinned.

"I might have acted a little too immaturely, but it is too late now. Plus, it got them off our trail and to stop following us for a while," Vivi shrugged unapologetically.

The girls walked into the hallway leaving the boys to defend themselves in their circle of fawning admirers. The girls flashed themselves to their lockers and exchanged materials for the next class. When they finished they turned and blended back into the crowd. They made it about forty feet when they were stopped by the crowd, which had formed a circle in the middle of the hallway. The girls pushed their way through the circle and came into the inner ring. Immediately, they noticed that in the center of the circle was the caramel-haired freshman they had spoken to in the dining room and a senor boy that recognized as Chris.

The girls could hear Chris harassing her, "Hey freshy- fresh, you sure are a pretty little thing. We should go out sometime, I could show you what a real man is, Slut." Chris went on to completely degrade the Freshman. Vivi was fed up with Chris and how he was acting, so she moved into the center of the circle and stood in front of the freshman.

Vivi cut Chris off mid-sentence, "Now, Chris, this is low even for you. Look at you picking on a freshman, even worse, a freshman girl. Only cowards pick on freshmans, and only insecure jackasses pick on girls," Vivi looks over the crowd, "Humm...So is you pick on freshman and girls, what does that classify you as? A douche perhaps?"

Chris's face turns red and anger colors his words, "Move Vivi, this matter doesn't concern you. Me and freshy here were just getting to know one another, isn't that right freshy?"

The girls just shivers, her head down. Vivi looks Chris dead in the eye, "You see Chris, it is. Pansies like you who can't take on guys because you'd lose every time, turn to girls because they don't always fight back. You should know by not, that I am not someone who stands by and watches as you harass those defenseless girls."

Vivi barley turned her head, and while watching Chris out of the corner of her eye, spoke to the girl, "Head to the principal's office, and make sure you keep your head down. Also, you should sign up for self-defense classes, you need to be able to protect yourself."

Vivi focused on Chris again, removing the shivering girl from her mind. With a taunting smile at Chris, she took a defensive pose. Chris charged her, his arms open and his head down, like he was going to tackle someone. Vivi dodged him by side-stepping and sticking her foot out, causing the boy to trip and fall. Vivi could have ended the fight, but she would instead humiliate him as an example to the other students. Vivi stood back from Chris and waited until he climbed to his feet.

Immediately, he turned to her and while circling her, mocked her, "I'm going to crush you, Vivi. You know I'm stronger that is why you dodge like a scared rabbit. You aren't as tough as you portray, are you? Chicken, why don't you come over here and fight."

Vivi did not reply to his taunt, instead her eyes remained focused and calm as she waited for his next move. Vivi watched his eyes noticing that just before he made a move, his eyes flickered to the spot, making Vivi smirk to herself, 'Got cha."

Chris swung at her with his right fist, quickly followed by his left.

Vivi moved out of the way of the first fist and blocked the second with her left arm, delivering a blow with her right fist into his stomach. Vivi followed with a knee to the same stomach. Chris held up one finger and Vivi nodded and backed off. When Chris had recovered, he still acted hurt, looking for weakness. Vivi faked that her right knee—the same one that hit him—was hurt and hindered her ability to move. Chris again gave away his move with flickering eyes. He ran at her, and tried to kick her leg out, she quit her act and moved to the side, dropping to the floor on her right arm and kicking his leg out with her left leg. The boy went crashing to the ground. Vivi became tired of the fight and ended it, she grabbed the wheezing boy smashing his face into the ground put a knee in his back, grabbed his thumb, yanking it behind his back and as high as it would go.

Vivi kept him there until the principal showed up. "Vivi, get off him," the principal said. Getting off him, Vivi said to the principal, "Chris was beating up the freshman girl I sent to you, Mr. Blackborne." Mr. Blackborne asked, "Can you show me?" Vivi nodded and recreated the scene she had come across and everything that happened. Mr. Blackborne nodded sadly, grabbing Chris by the arm, told everyone to get to class. Vivi nodded and the girls all moves out, pushing people out of their way. In their shadows followed the new students.