11: Panic Attack

The Dream House Part Eleven

TW: Panic attack

______________________________________

Karl's POV

I never had a panic attack in my life and I didn't know how to handle it. I heard as they stomped upstairs. Sapnap came in the room first, quickly bending down to me.

"Karl! You okay?!" He asked.

I softly whimpered, looking into Sapnap's eyes while holding his hand. I heard Wilbur say something about calling 911 followed by Tommy shouting;

"What do you think we are, Wilbur? Rich? Well, you're wrong."

I don't know what that had to do with anything but I completely ignored it.

Dream ran in the room and observed me breathing quickly.

"What'd you do?" Dream questioned.

"What? I didn't-" Eret stuttered.

"There must be a reason that caused this, what were you guys talking about?" Dream asked again.

"He told me that his parents were getting divorced, I talked to him about my parents and my past then this just... Happened." Eret claimed.

I started thinking about it again and got lost in my imagination. I was losing oxygen and forgot how to breathe for a second.

"Karl!" Dream called, forcing me back to reality.

"Breathe out!! KARL!" Dream demanded, holding me as I kept inhaling.

I exhaled heavily and quickly went back to hyperventilating.

"Karl, focus on me. Follow me, okay?" Dream lead, getting me to do breathing exercises.

I followed his lead, breathing in and out. I let out a deep breath through my mouth and felt as warm tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"You good?" He questioned softly.

I nodded, crying hard. Dream pulled me into a hug and told me it was going to be okay.

"That was so scary..." I shrieked, balling my eyes out.

"I know..." He said, rubbing my back.

"You're fine now." Dream added, pulling away.

I heard Quackity come in the front door and quickly looked outside. I felt so anxious and wanted a hug but not from Dream. Quackity always gives the best hugs and I really needed that right now. Quackity used to have panic attacks before and I wanted to talk to him about it. I heard him talking to someone downstairs before running to me.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Are you okay?" Quackity asked, walking in the room.

I reached my hand out to him while crying. I miss my Quackity so much. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up from the ground, as I watch the rest go outside. I almost lost my balance, but Quackity led me to the bed before I did. The others left and closed the door behind them, leaving me, Sapnap and Quackity in the room alone.

"Why are you crying, love?" Sapnap questioned.

"I thought I was going to die..." I mumbled shakily, wiping my tears.

Quackity hugged me and it gave me a feeling of comfort and relief.

"That's normal after your first panic attack. Calm down, you're okay now." He whispered into my ears, rubbing my back.

"This gives us more of a reason to cool off at the beach this Saturday. What do you say, Karl?" Sapnap asked, trying to brighten the mood.

I nodded. I needed to get my mind off this and there's no place calmer than the beach.

______________________________________

[550 words]