15: Drown Him

The Dream House Part Fifteen

TW: Aquaphobia.

Another flashback chapter.
If you have fear of water, I recommend you to skip this chapter.

______________________________________

Quackity's POV

Karl and Sapnap were hanging with me the entire time and even though I enjoy it, it felt like something was wrong. I sensed that Karl was mad about something but he was clearly hiding it. I think Sapnap felt left out because Karl was sort of ignoring him.

"Hey, we should get some ice cream!" Karl repeated what Sapnap said.

"That's what I just said!" Sapnap muttered.

"Guys it's okay-" I stated, trying to stop things before it got worse.

"NO IT'S NOT! HE'S PURPOSEFULLY IGNORING ME FOR NOTHING!" Sapnap shouted.

"FOR NOTHING?" Karl acknowledged.

"OH YOU FINALLY DECIDED TO TALK HUH?"

"DON'T FUCKING SAY YOU DID NOTHING. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID!"

"I DIDN'T DO SHIT!"

"Alright guys, let's go to shore and talk this out-" I chimed in, getting a bit worried.

"QUACKITY STAY OUT OF THIS." Karl declared, turning to me and back.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?" Sapnap bawled, totally clueless.

"YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW? YOU INCONSISTENT LITTLE FUCK!"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING CALL ME THAT!" Sapnap yelled at the top of his lungs, going closer to Karl.

"GUYS NO BREAK IT UP!" I ordered, blocking them from each other.

"GO AWAY." Karl vociferated, pushing me back.

Sapnap's POV

Karl pushed Quackity turning to me and putting weight on me, causing me to go underwater. Time slowed... It was dark and my breath was running out.

"KARL STOP IT!" I hear a muffled voice, trying to get out the water.

I feel Karl's hand on my chest, stopping me from going afloat.

I struggled as I now really couldn't breathe no matter how hard I tried. I was scared.

"KARL FUCK OFF!" I heard loudly but stilled muffled.

Karl's hand released me as he went away.

I quickly go afloat and tug on Quackity's shirt.

Quackity's POV

"SAPNAP, ARE YOU OKAY?" I asked really worriedly as he gasps for air, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, feeling terrible of letting that happen.

"Don't apologize." Sapnap uttered shakily, hugging me tightly.

"Come on... let's get back."

I gave him a towel and went to our tent.

"Karl's not here..." Sapnap stated.

"What? Where is he?" I wondered.

"I don't know but he left his phone here." Sapnap whispered, taking his phone.

"Do you think he's gonna come back?" I queried, hearing his phone unlock.

"I think we should find him." I added.

Sapnap threw Karl's phone and slapped his own face.

"Hey! Don't do that! What's wrong?" I confusingly asked.

"I'M SO STUPID. I DIDN'T REALISE I DID THAT." He announced.

"Did what?" I questioned softly, picking Karl's phone up.

There were hate comments, from the stream Karl and Sapnap did yesterday.

'Karl just has to beg for attention'

'He doesn't realise that no one cares if his parents are divorced or not.'

"I told the stream that Karl's parents got divorced. He was scrolling through something earlier and he hid it from me. He was reading the hate comments."

"You don't know that... Maybe he was just re watching the VOD."

Sapnap took the phone from me and moments later showed me screenshots he took of the hate comments.

"Still don't believe me? I could open his notes." Sapnap suggested.

Karl keeps everything on his phone. When he's sad or mad, he writes about it in his notes, no matter who its about.

"Hey.

I don't even know why I write here anymore. I guess it just feels calming. It's like I'm talking to someone and they're just listening... not judging. It's like 4am right now, Sapnap and Quackity are asleep. I wrote the last note about Sapnap telling 30k people my parents got divorced. It's true, but I didn't really want anyone to know that and now that they do, there's hate comments because of it. I got a few hurtful DM's as well. I feel really just broken. I want Quackity's hug right now. And Sapnap's calm voice. I love them both so much. If only they would ask or listen sometimes. If only they understand my stupid feelings. I just want to run away from all my problems. Just leave. Forever. Starve to death. Maybe then they'd care. Or maybe not. You know what, it doesn't matter anyway. Bye I guess :/

~Karl" Sapnap read.

"Shit. We have to find him." I said, quickly getting up and out the tent.

"It's okay, he couldn't have gone far." Sapnap alleged.

"Guys, what's wrong?" Schlatt slurred.

"Where's Karl?" Wilbur chimed in.

Okay there is something up with those two. Are they drunk? No, I don't have the time for this. I sprinted pass them to where we came from.

I looked around everywhere and saw two boys but there were closer to the beach and I genuinely could care less. I even ran further away from the beach but there was no sign of him. No sign of Karl. He was gone.

______________________________________

[850 words]