Chapter Thirty

"I heard we had a fight already," Tobias chuckles.

I nod, "We have. Graves, Sarah," I give them each a look, "Going forward I need you to communicate your people's needs to both me and the K/DA group."

They both give me a slight nod.

The four of us walk through their underground facility, taking the elevator down to the operations room where they will all be waiting for us. The doors slide open only to reveal five out of seven of them.

"Are we missing someone?" I ask as the four of us step inside.

Kai'Sa then glances to the empty spots around the table, "Nathaniel and Sarah. They didn't want to take part in our war."

Ahri then says, "Feel free to fill their places. We gave them the option to run away and that they did. We lost a few operatives along with but nothing we can't replace."

"Ahri," Jerome tries to stop her, only earning her glare, "show at least some respect for them."

Akali says her part, "It doesn't matter anymore. We have new faces to work with and a much larger force to bite back with."

Graves chuckles behind me, he whispers just out of their earshot, "I like this girl."

Sarah remarks, "Of course you do."

"Now now, play nice you two," Tobias walks up to the table in the center, "I pleasure to be meeting you all. Heres hoping fortune favors us this time around."

Evelynn smiles at him, "Likewise."

Both Sarah and Graves walk up to the table and everyone does their rounds to introduce themselves to each other. My gaze locked onto Jerome - surprised that he even stuck with them. It must be for Ahri's sake.

Evelynn clears her throat, "Considering all the leaders are here - a proposal to start off this gathering off. We need a leader and I am looking at him."

Jerome voices his opinion, "I agree," the four of them look at him in shock, "A lot of people either fear or respect you. We can all lead as your division heads and keep them sorted out. You can focus on the necessary and not having to deal with the needs of the rest."

"Wow, Jerome didn't expect you to be on board with this at all," Akali snickers.

Graves states, "If he wasn't I would have suggested he consider leaving but I agree with the lad."

"I have no issue with trusting (Y/N) with everything but we can't leave everything to him," she smiles up at me.

Kai'Sa nods, "We won't. Although we are all heads of our own division we will still meet together like this to consult and plan our next move."

"Then to start this off - take a few days to recuperate from the latest battles and make sure everyone is settled in nicely. The compound will hold but it will definitely need some expansions."

Ahri then jumps in, "I apologize. We didn't expect such a large force but we are grateful for it nevertheless."

I continue, "As for what comes next - I estimate at our current stature we won't last long if we attacked Zaun with full force. We overpower Pilltover but their technology alone will scatter our forces and chip at morale."

Tobias remarks, "So we are going to need a few more aces up our sleeves."

Evelynn then types something up on her console, "We have four factions in mind. First, it would be smart to approach the Police of the New city and Pilltover. After recent movements in politics, they have all created personal law enforcement and the Sherif has never been happier."

I ask, "Will they talk to us?"

"All attempts to communicate failed. Looks like we have to send you to them with a helmet on your head to make sure they don't kill you on sight," Jerome states, "They hate the Zaunites just as much so we can use that to our advantage."

"Secondly we have considered the rebels. The Vastayans are ruthless, durable, and out-for-blood. They don't care what happens they just wish to be able to live in this city without being sold into slavery or gunned down."

I then groan, "They won't talk to me. The Yakuza has been the sole reason why they created the revolution in the first place."

Ahri then locks eyes with me, "That is where you and I will come in. They will be more likely to talk to us with me by your side. We can discuss our plan of action with them when we get there."

Akali then speaks, "Lastly we want to do two at once. The Order of Shadows and the Kinkou Order. I have a pretty shaky relationship with them but they will hear me out."

"At what cost?"

She furrows her brow, "We might have to kill a certain bird with four stones."

Shit. Finding Khada Jhin is impossible - the only thing we can do is wait till he comes to us... or lure us into a trap. Either way, I don't see anyone coming out of the confrontation unscathed - if he so much as sees all of us come for him he is gone.

"Then considering that we already have a plan moving forward. Two days and we start tackling every faction. Update me on any possible changes that might cause us some problems."

"Wait-" Ahri stops me, "About the Asahi will they help us? Or can you at least bring them on our side?"

I shake my head, "Not unless we kill all the heirs that aren't me and take the throne by force."

Jerome then states, "You have to what is necessary. If they won't listen to you then take what we need to ensure our victory. They will die either by your hands or by theirs."

The gazes of everyone around me - they all look equally surprised by his words but a part of them believes that the same should be done. He is the only one willing to say it and damnit! As if I didn't know that already.

Evelynn fills the silence, "We will deal with that last. If we take them over now it decreases the chances we have of any of them willing to work with us at all."

 "Is that all?" I ask, looking at anyone to see if they have anything else to bring to the table, "Dismissed. Keep me in touch with any further plans."

Jerome then speaks, "(Y/N). A second if you don't mind."

He gestures to the side as he walks out of earshot. Sarah, Graves, and Tobias have already left for the surface. The four girls all stare at the two of us as we walk to the side.

"Tell me you know what you are doing."

Locking my eyes onto his, "Would I be here if I didn't?"

"Just give it to me straight. A kid walks into our compound one day and in another, we lost two of our friends and now we are at war. You understand why I don't think you are our chosen one right?"

"You want me to tell me you can trust me? That I can solve all your problems?" I chuckle to myself, "I wish I could tell everyone I meet that I am the god they think I am. I bend and break just like you do - I am just unfortunate enough to be considered this city's saving grace."

"That doesn't make me feel confident in you at all."

I then retort, "You asked for the reality, and I gave it to you," I turn to leave, "Trust me if you wish to. You were already given the chance to run away - I would say it is too late but that is a lie. It's never too late to back down."

"Can we win?" he asks.

"We will win," I tell him, "But at what cost?"