9

"So are you and your family going to the pack event in Alice?" I question.

I hear Danny clear his throat on the other line uncomfortably. I can feel his nerves and I wonder if I shouldn't have even asked.

"It'll just be me. I live alone." He states.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He lived alone at 19?

"What about your parents? Do they not live here?"

"No"

His tone is cut and short. I guess his parents were a sensitive subject. I wonder why. Instead of pressing I decide to change the subject.

"I uh didn't get to thank you last night by the way." I say awkwardly.

Danny chuckles on the other line. It's refreshing compared to his clipped tone from moments ago.

"You're welcome princess."

"Daniel" I warn.

"Oh come on. I saved you last night. I'm like a knight in shining armor which makes you my princess."

I roll my eyes. He chuckles on the other line and I can't help but feel like he knew I rolled my eyes.

"Your princess huh?" I tease.

"Damn right."

I bite my lip to hide my smile. Although he couldn't see me he would definitely hear it in my voice. The term princess is surprisingly starting to win me over. But he can't know that.

"Whatever I guess." I exaggerate a sigh and he laughs. His deep laugh fills my ears and makes my stomach do flips.

"So how are you going to thank me?" I hear darkly on the other line.

"What do you mean. I just said thank you." I laugh.

"No no. Technically you said you didn't get to thank me. So what are you gonna do to thank me?" He asks again with a suggestive tone.

I squirm a bit in my seated position on my bed and I hear him chuckle lowly on the other end.

"What do you want?" I finally ask.

I swear I know he's smiling that silly cheeky grin he always gives me.

"Hmmm. Let me think."

I hear shuffling on the other line but no noise from him. It's a few seconds before I hear a grunt over the line and then a knock at my window startles me.

I drop my phone and run to the window and sure enough there he is in all his blue eyed glory.

I sigh and shake my head and push open the window for him to step in.

"You're an idiot" I whisper.

Before I can say anything else Danny bends down and scoops me up into his arms by my thighs and wraps them around his waist. I squeal at his sudden movement and grip onto his shoulders tightly.

He drops me onto my back on the bed and hovers over me. He has a sly smirk and a playful glint in his eyes and I can't help but blush at the intense stare.

"What are you doing here?"

"Getting my thank you." He shrugs.

"You didn't even say what you wanted." I deadpan.

Danny smiles and leans in even closer. He nudges his nose against mine and smiles.

"Thought it might be more fun to just show you." He says lowly.