22

Angelique's POV

When I reach Lilith and Maya I immediately wrap my arms around her. I felt awful for her and I wish there was more I could do to console her. I saw her like the older sister I never had, and I'm sure Maya felt the same. To see her in this pain broke my heart considering she had only lost her aunt and her first baby in the most violent ways just a short 6 years ago, now her youngest cousin was taken the same way.

"Thanks girls" she sniffles once I pull away.

"Is there anything we can help with?" Maya asks.

Lilith sighs and shakes her head. "I'm leaving for Denver tomorrow to help Arthur with the plans. Kai and Anna will be joining me a few days before the funeral." She states.

"He's letting you go alone?" I ask incredulously. Kai was known to be very protective of her. Well, he always was since she's his mate, but after the incident 6 years ago he almost loses his mind every time she accidentally forgets her phone at home and goes shopping or something.

"Not willingly." She chuckles sadly. "He wanted me to wait but Arthur really needs some help. He's not exactly functioning and he still has Leah living at home."

"How's Leah taking it?" Maya asks.

Lilith shrugs. "She didn't talk much when I called her. Just answered my yes and no questions and that's about it."

Maya and I look at each other briefly. I couldn't imagine losing Maya that way.

"Just keep an eye on Kai and Anna for me while I'm gone. She doesn't exactly understand what's happening and you know how he worries." She adds.

"We will, promise." Maya says pulling Lilith into another hug.

Just as I planned to join in I felt a cold chill throughout my body. My hands began to feel clammy and I felt incredibly uneasy.

I quickly turn my head back in the direction of where I left Daniel standing. From a distance it doesn't look like anything's wrong, but when I notice he stands completely still as he stares at his phone I know something isn't right.

"Angie?" Maya says resting her hand on my shoulder.

I don't respond as I'm already making my way towards Daniel.

"Daniel?" I call when I'm more than halfway there. No response

"Danny?" I say again once I reach him, again, nothing.

"Daniel? Talk to me what's wrong?" I say placing my hands on each side of his neck, trying to get him to look at me.

His eyes shift up to meet mine. Fear etched on all his features.

"I know them" he says quietly.

"Who?"

He looks back down at his phone, my eyes following in suit. It must be the photo my dad sent to the whole pack.

"You know the men?"

He continues to stare at the photo but nods his head.