Prologue

Rachel Aarons, Diana's mother, was a good person but one bad decision ruined everything.

     Rachel Aarons, maiden name Rachel Smith, was born from Walter and Delaney Smith. She had the perfect upbringing and her parents had enough money to raise her comfortably. Pretty much Rachel Smith was normal.

      She married her high school sweetheart Antonio Martini who happened to be the leader of the italian mafia. This marriage was expected because they seemed madly in love as they were the head cheerleader and quarterback. It was like the perfect cheesy romance.

      Of course she got quite the scare when a small, cocky gang thinking they could overturn the biggest mafia decided to pay her a visit. Obviously Antonio killed all of them but after that day Rachel had this small idea that she would be next.

      Although Antonio had a different thought about what happened that day. He thought that now that she had seen the true side of him and stayed, she loved him. What he didn't know was she was too scared to break up with him.

     The sweethearts married right out of high school and the Martini's and Smith's couldn't be happier.

     Around the time the heir to the italian mafia was born, Luciano Martini, Rachel's parents died during a robbery. Another case of wrong place at the wrong time.

      Rachel was devastated and Antonio tried to help her but she just refused all his attempts.

      Little Luciano Martini's life couldn't get better. Antonio's younger sister, Andrea, could not stop asking to babysit and his younger brother, Alexander, loved to spoil the baby with nonstop clothes. Antonio's parents, James and Sarah, couldn't wait to hold their grandbaby and took any moment available to hold him.

      Rachel, who was 18 at the time, was frustrated because she couldn't feel an attachment to her child but she refused to see a doctor. She was adamant that nothing was wrong with her.

       But the same thing happened with Alessandro and after the birth of Sergio, she gave up on trying to connect with her children. She was never at home. Always out with her plastic friends and making Antonio's black card bleed money.

      She got introduced to the dreadfully delicious drug called alcohol after the birth of Marco. Antonio was blinded by the love he had for his sons that he couldn't see that his wife barely liked holding their child. Rachel's friends slowly started leaving her as they saw her fall apart.

      By the time Diana and Deliah were born, everyone in the family started to notice Rachel's weird behavior. The bloodshot eyes, slurring words, empty wine bottles, and barely remembering anything gave it away.

     As soon as she popped out her baby girls she immediately asked to leave. Rachel never held them and she couldn't even look at them.

      Antonio's parents and siblings begged him to leave her and that the fact that his children needed a mother wasn't a good enough reason why she should stay. Especially since Rachel was barely a mother to begin with. Antonio soon gave in after seeing how Rachel wasn't there to begin with and his kids were doing just fine without her.

      Antonio, at first, tried to get Rachel to quit alcohol by suggesting attending AA meetings or trying medication to get over it. Rachel refused everything and Antonio was out of ideas so he brought up the topic of divorce.

     Rachel was appalled that he would do this especially because she knew family was so important to him but saw this coming.

     Antonio, of course, didn't want to leave his previous love with nothing so he told her he would send 6k every month to make sure she was doing alright.

      The day after the divorce was finalized Rachel disappeared along with Antonio's most prized possessions, his two daughters.