Breakout 06

"Gentlemen! Happy New Year!" the Warden shouted, looking down at all the prisoners who were gathered in the giant stadium.

"Something's starting all of a sudden," Jyugo dryly muttered, looking unimpressed.

"A party?" Nico asked.

"The warden is a woman?!" Uno bursted out into a blush.

Rock blushed as well, looking up at her. "She's beautiful."

Akiri's eyes gleamed when her eyes locked onto the blue haired woman, forgetting about wanting to beat up the crowd surrounding her and fighting Hajime who forced her to line up with the others. "Hn. Top dog."

"Let's get down to business. To celebrate New Year's, we will now begin Nanba Prison's traditional event. Our New Year's Tournament will now begin!" she declared, looking cool.

"New Year's Tournament?" Jyugo repeated, confused.

Akiri smirked, a glint in her eyes. "Hn." 'It's finally time... I'll have to meet up with them here now during this tournament in between the games.'

Kenshirou appeared beside the Warden, looking professional. "I will now announce the participants from each building for the New Year's Tournament," he said, holding clipped files in his hand.

"What does he mean by participants?"

"The New Year's Tournament is an annual event where inmates and officers cooperate," Hajime explained.

"A prize is given to the winning building and its guards," Seitarou added.

"In our case, we get a bonus, while each inmate will receive any item they want." Yamato dropped the unexpected bomb, making the four inmates of Cell 13 more interested. Akiri was also interested but didn't show it. She knew that participating and winning this event would be very useful for her mission.

"What?!" the four said in unison before turning to a certain guard. "Hajime! Let us participate!"

"Oh, crap! We shouldn't have told them!" Hajime cursed, a shadow over his face.

Seitarou smiled. "B-But the Warden gets to choose the participants."

"Next, Building 13 will be represented by Cell 13," Kenshirou said, making the guards' quiet, depressing line behind them.

Akiri nodded, crossing her arms. "Hn."

"WHY?!" they cried out in despair.

The Warden smirked, looking down at Hajime. 'I've abused my powers again.'

She didn't even look the tiniest but guilty. Love does things to people, blinding them of their actions.

Akiri sat down next to Hajime and Jyugo sat on her other side, followed by Nico, Uno, and Rock. The raven head was emitting an aura full of anger. She wanted to get out of the crowd and hang out in the halls where it was quiet, but Hajime forced her to stay seated with them, in the crowded stadium. Jyugo gulped as he could feel the coldness coming from her. Her arms were crossed and her black hair was covering her eyes, shadowing her expression. But, it wasn't hard at all to say that she was pissed. The aura seemed to get darker and larger, making some of the inmates who were sitting behind them to scurry away from the ticking time bomb.

"Yo, Hajime," a voice said and they turned over to see who approached them. "To think Cell 13 is representing Building 13..." They saw Samon, who was carrying his staff over his shoulder. "What an unfortunate way to start the new year, huh?" Lighting appeared between the two guards as they glared at each other. "Building 5 will win this year." The lighting sparked more. "After all, Cell 8 is representing us."