𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝑪𝒓𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒚

"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 cold, you think they would give us jackets or something." You whined. "It's a part of being a demon slayer, Y/n. If you don't like it then I don't know why you want to be a slayer so badly." Your older brother told you bluntly. Your brother- Giyu- was a serious boy, he always had a goal set in his mind that no one ever knew. You rarely saw your brother smile or laugh. He didn't talk unless he had to and didn't care to talk to anyone else.

You and Giyu were polar opposites. People often questioned how you two were even related. You were a wild spirit. You always tried your hardest to be the best you could. You were a bubbly, caring, outgoing, and a gentle person. Everyone always said you were the angel out of you and your brother. But you thought Giyu was an angel too, just a more quiet one.

He was your older brother after all, and had taken care of you ever since your older sister passed from a demon attack. You remember Giyu didn't let you see what went on, covering your eyes and throwing you out of sight. Though he was only thirteen at the time he put your life before his. He told you to stay where he threw you.

But when he came back, blood on his hands and tears streaming down his cheeks he took your small hand trying his best to smile at you. You knew better even as young as you were to ask Giyu where your guy's sister was. But ever since that day you hadn't seen his smile.

Your sister died the day before her wedding, you helped her pick almost everything out for her wedding. But yet you never got to see her wear anything, you never were able to see her smile and walk down the aisle on her wedding day.

This ate at Giyu more than you though, you knew it was because he watched your guy's sister die. He was told he was mentally ill many times by many people and you two were sent to a relative who was a doctor for Giyu but you two ran off on your way there and into the mountains.

You two almost died from that alone but were saved by someone who you now look up to a lot; Sakonji Urokodaki. Sakonji taught Giyu and another boy named Sabito water breathing. Sabito quickly became like another brother to you, and you knew Giyu saw him like that too. You were taught water breathing as well but you weren't allowed to take the final selection test with Giyu and Sabito, keeping you out of danger.

When only Giyu came back from the final selection very injured, you knew that Sakonji saved you once again.

"Well I'm super close to becoming one so jokes on you." You snickered.  Giyu rolled his eyes at you as you two trailed through the snow. The cold feeling hitting the thin fabric you had over your feet. "You know I think that I don't even need the final selection test." You spoke, a cocky grin on your lips. "Well that sucks because you are required to take it whether you like it or not." Giyu spoke. You groaned at his words.

"What a drag." You mumbled. Giyu stayed silent as you two walked, not carrying the conversation any further than it had to go. Giyu was sent out to his section because of a demon, you tagged along with him just for the fun of it. Giyu didn't mind though, just as long as you didn't interfere with his work.

It began to snow lightly, causing you to look up at the sky. The small white specks danced around as they fell, bringing a smile to your face. Your attention was brought off the coldness in your body and instead to the sky. You looked down from the sky with a smile.

"Giyu, it's snowing-" "Sh." Giyu hushed you quickly. Raising a hand up. Your smile faded as you furrowed your brows. You were confused on why your brother had shushed you, the only thing you could hear through the air was white noise and the light breathing of yourself and Giyu.

But you soon heard it, growling and yelling. Your eyes widened as you heard Giyu mumbled profanity under his breath and began running in the direction of the sound. You quickly followed behind him. The sound only got louder as you two moved, the way you two were taught to fight with grace and gentleness made your running almost silent.