27 | oneshot

a walk in the skies - tooru oikawa (haikyuu Ghibli!AU)

[ setting: sophie's hometown, movie: howl's moving castle ]

"you sure about this?" you asked. sophie nodded. "this is the best way to get to lettie anyways," she answered. you just sighed, and still kept your hand held onto sophie's. you two ran past the alleyways and got into one, only to be blocked by two tall guards, presumably from the parade that was going on that day.

"well look, we got some cute girls here! wanna have a drink with us?" asked one of them that had dirty pink hair. "i'm sorry, we're in a hurry," sophie tried to refuse, but they stayed in your way. you refused too, but they were pretty hard to reason with.

"oh, there you are!" a man with shoulder-length blonde hair suddenly said behind us. "she's with me. i was waiting for you," he continued, taking hold of sophie's shoulders. you looked at him confusedly. as long as you remembered, you never saw a man like that acquainted with sophie. you are sophie's best friend after all.

suddenly, he made the two soldiers in your way march to where the parade was. then, he and sophie shot up to the skies. "hey, waited long?" at the same time, another man, this time with brown, curled hair whispered. you looked back.

"tooru! you surprised me..." you replied. the man, tooru oikawa, grinned. he was the quite well-known spring wind wizard, and also your older brother. "i guess we're headed to lettie's again," he said, adjusting his cyan cloak piece. you nodded. he then sent a gust of wind your way, which also shot you two up in the sky, just like how sophie and the blonde did. you liked the feeling of the wind blowing through your (hair length), (h/c) hair.

"i'll drop you at the back entrance. for now, hold on!" tooru told you. you held hands with him and started to walk in air, step by step. you two reached the shop in some time, then tooru let you down. "i'll hang at the shop for some while. just get me in there when you're done, kay?" he said. you nodded. "see you," you said while running up the stairs to the balcony.

as you arrived at the wooden balcony, you saw sophie landing with the blonde man letting her down. he then jumped, or rather flew down. "oh, you're here!" greeted sophie. she then brought you inside to meet lettie and have a conversation or two, while helping out her younger sister with her work.

meanwhile outside the shop, tooru was waiting for you to return. the blonde man approached him. "that was exhausting," he sighed. tooru smirked. "first time, eh, howl?" he asked. howl nodded. "it was kind of fun, though," he replied. "once you get used to it, it's not really a bad method of travel." tooru snapped his fingers to deliver a refreshing breeze for the both of them. "yeah, sure, wind wizard," howl chuckled.

a little while later, you went outside and to your brother. "i'm done," you said to him. tooru summoned another breeze, this time just for you both. "ready?"

-fin-

( a/n: i've been really liking howl's moving castle atm so expect a lot of howl-related hcs or oneshots )