Chapter 22

It wasn’t a bright idea to let Stan be outside of our house

It wasn’t a bright idea to let Stan be outside of our house. As soon as he stopped the car in front of the gate, the stare he had given implicated that he pined for me to skip work and be with him. We spoke about it before we left his place, but he teetered on the concept that doing it one time would not induce such a significant impact on my career. Of course, he kind of was correct, but being at work was a pattern I couldn’t break.

“I should leave. Thank you for the ride,” I said with a smile.

“Sad that you should. So, this is where you reside. I now know where I will locate you, in case you changed your mind with us.”

“Yes,” I simply responded. I couldn’t move on my own—I needed to scram as I'd run late for work, but it appeared very reprehensible. I desired to hear him more. The breakfast we had together felt lacking. “I had fun back there. I wish we could just sleep the day and snuggle, you know? I’d never done that before. Imagine, I’m twenty-four and haven't experienced that.”

He snickered, eyes flashing with humor. “We can experience it today. Told you to just skip work. Come on, they wouldn’t fire you if you’re out for today. Wouldn't you rather have your day spent with me? I will make you feel great, Dave. Play you the guitar while we drink, or just cuddle, don’t you want that? Did it not resonate comfort and fun?”

I exhaled and peered down at his hand. I clutched it and stared back into his eyes. His freshly showered scent and his damned beautiful face made me just want to say yes.

“I have bills to pay, and I’m saving up. I need to settle my brother’s school fees for next month, so I can’t manage a day off work,” I said.

He stared down while I kneaded on his fingers. “Do you need help with anything? I know you would say no just by looking at you. But if it got hard and you feel like you can’t anymore, you just tell me, alright? Don’t hesitate.”

I nodded. My heart flared when he moved and kissed my lips. I let out in his mouth, immersed at the moment when his tongue met mine.

I pulled away. “I need to go. I’m sorry.”

Pulling away from his kiss was another torture I had to endure for the rest of my day.

"Don't," he said, chuckling. "You're gonna leave me alone again for many days."

“Stan, I have to go. I’d be late for work. I had a great time, it was fun.”

"Just a minute more. Just let me hold you," he said. I'd let him. I held him as well. "I had fun, too. I love the warmth of your body against mine when we slept together. It felt wonderful."