Chapter 23

Exhaustion took away my consciousness after we set foot in the hotel

Exhaustion took away my consciousness after we set foot in the hotel. The short flight was not a challenge, but the walk we had to have to get to the hotel under the scorching sun ravished my strength. When my eyes opened from my slumber, the first thing I peered at was my phone, seeing a message from my brother, then to Stan who woke up sooner than I did.

"Wow. Was worried you wouldn't wake up anymore." His attention was focused on his phone while he leaned against the wall beside the window.

I stretched my arms and beamed. "Sorry, I became so tired from all the walking," I said, rubbing my eyelids. "Just woke up?"

He nodded. "Like fifteen minutes ago. It's still early, only a quarter past three." His phone thudded when he place it on top of the bedside table. "I can't wait to go outside. I'm ecstatic."

He started taking off his shirt, and I was enlivened. "Yes! I am, too." I bit my lip and held my chuckle when Stan laughed heartily.

I spruced up the bed and peeled off my socks, followed by my clothes. I yanked my board shorts out of the bag and got into it. Today felt like a wish came true. This was something that I truly craved for us to do. Although touching in public was still out of the picture, it was better than just being locked in his pad.

"I feel incredible, I won't deny. Do you know how to swim?" I crossed my arms. "'Cause I don't know how to damn swim."

He unbuckled his belt and let his pants slid down the floor, leaving him with only his underwear. "I do. I can teach you how if you want," he said as he rummaged for something in his bag. He brought out the bottle of sunscreen. "Come here."

I shuffled towards him and perched on the corner of the bed. "I will just watch you while you swim. I can only paddle and splash around. It's gonna be embarrassing."

"I can teach you how to swim." He kissed my cheek.

"Alright. Hope you're a good teacher," I said with a smile.

"Dave, I am. Taught you a lot of things, remember?"

Heat formed in my cheeks. "Yeah, you did."

"Wow, you're blushing. You're such a prude." He angled himself and squirted the lotion in his hands. "What have you brought with you?" he asked, shifting around to face me. He lathered my nape, down to my shoulder blades, and the area around my back.

"Just enough clothes and toiletries for three days."

He knelt in front of me and palmed my torso. I reeled as he spread the cream around my skin. "I thought you brought in a bunch, 'cause I asked if we could stay here for a week. I thought you would answer yes to that."