A Threat

Boran alp P.O.V

I spent the entire morning in Sogut, moving, building. Mainly everything needed to be shifted around for new merchants to come in. I sit a crate near the stables of Sogut, drinking water out of my leather pouch. I stare up at the sky, thinking of nothing and everything at the same time. I screw the cap onto my water pouch, tossing it back into my saddlebag. 'Okay, now what did Gunduz Bey tell me to bring?' I think and after a moment it comes to mind. I grab to correct stack of crates and lift them, heading towards the area we worked in this morning.  As turn into an alleyway, hoping to get there quicker someone slams into me making the crates drop.

Erhan. Of course. I move quickly pinning him to the side of the building, "What do you want?" I hiss and Erhan just smirks that stupid smirk that I hate so much. "Nothing, Boran alp. That was just an accident. I was just doing my duty." He says looking to the crates on the ground, "But, it seems you couldn't do even the simplest duty." I raise my fist, hoping to finally hit him and Erhan looks up at my fist. "Do it, Boran alp," Erhan says mockingly. "Do it and see what happens."

So I did. I punched him hard across the face, almost knocking him to the ground. Erhan got up, staring into my eyes. "You're an idiot, Boran. You are going to pay for this." My blood boils as Erhan goes on spitting insults at me, going on about my parents, Goktug, Konur, Osman Bey, Gonca. I swing even harder this time, punching him in the face, knocking him to the ground making blood spill from his mouth. I step back keeping my eyes on Erhan as I pick up the other crates off the ground, wincing slightly as my hand flames up again. As soon as I'm out of the alleyway, I start walking quicker.

I set the crates on the ground and try to find a distraction from what just happened. I start looking around, trying to find Gunduz Bey amongst the alps who were working. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump, turning around. Gunduz looks at me with a  concerned face, 'Are you okay, Boran?" "Yeah, I'm fine," I say turning back away, but Gunduz looks like he doesn't believe me. "I wish I was a better liar," I think as Gunduz starts to speak again. "We've worked all morning, let's go get something to eat and take a break."  I nod following behind Gunduz as he walks to the Inn.

Later that evening, we finish up at Sogut and head back to the tribe. Everything Erhan said continues replaying in my head. ''What did I just do?  If  Erhan tells Malhun Hatun about this, I'm going to be in trouble.' Another voice in my head speaks, 'You only punched him, Boran. Is he going to tell Malhun Hatun that all you did was punch him?'  I pay no attention to anyone as we reach the tribe. I go straight to my tent and stay stuck in my head for most of the day.

Gonca hatun P.O.V

Something is definitely wrong with Boran. It's like he's somewhere else, he barely paid attention to anyone around him. I know Boran always looks in every direction even if he's been to that place dozens of times. He says it makes him feel more secure, knowing exactly where he is. Something is wrong and I'm going to find out. 

Much later that day, when everything has gone dark, I find Boran. He leans on the rail of the bridge looking out at the water, illuminated by the moonlight. "Boran, what're you doing here?" I ask, standing next to him by the rail, Boran just smirks down at the water. "What are you doing here, Gonca?" I give him a pointed look, "Answer the question, Boran." He lets out a tired chuckle, "To be honest, I don't even know what I'm doing here."  I look at him, but he just continues staring at the water. "Now what are you doing here, Gonca?" Boran asks finally looking at me, his face tired. "I was looking for you after you came back, but you were hiding somewhere. And now I found you."

"I wasn't hiding, Gonca'm. Just thinking." Boran says looking back at the water. I set my hand on top of his and he winces a little. When I move my hand, I see his knuckles have reddened over the cuts from before. "Boran? What happened?" "Nothing," Boran says quickly, I narrow my eyes at him. "Boran..." "Nothing happened, Gonca. I promise," He says, gently setting his hand on mine. "It was just an accident," I only nod and both of us look back at the water. 'You're a really bad liar, Boran.'

Boran alp P.O.V

Osman Bey and I were called to Malhun hatun's tribe, and Osman Bey wasn't quite sure why, but we went. Something seemed a little off when we got there, there was an unordinary quietness around. There seemed to be more alps near the bey's tent as well. I looked to Osman Bey, but he didn't seem to know what was going on either. We get off our horses and walk towards the tent. As soon as I step into the fenced area of the Bey's tent, 4 swords are drawn and placed at my neck.

A/N: This chapter took way longer than usual because I changed my mind half way and re-wrote it. But, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and let me know what you guys think is about to go down! Also do you want Osman and Bala to have a girl, boy or twins? I'm more inclined to twins, but I wanna hear what you guys think.

As always, Salaam and have a great day! Don't forget to pray for everyone in Palestine!

P.S I just realized Boran's personality is similar to mine. I think I'd describe myself as a mix of Boran and Osman. Pretty crazy.