A War of Havoc

Boran Alp P.O.V

Everything is crazy right now. The Sultan has to go back to Konya with his men to put down a rebellion, and fighting without half of an army will be difficult. Osman Bey, however, is thinking as usual.

I survived the day without injury, luckily. I was helping an injured alp dress his wound when Gunduz Bey walked in. "Boran, Goktug, Osman Bey is calling us." So, apparently, Osman Bey has a plan, like always.

The Next Day

The Sultan left with most of his army, and our enemies currently think the Sultan took all his soldiers back. Last night, we heard them celebrated their easy victory. Ha, idiots.

Goktug, Cerkutay, and I stand outside await orders to move to the field. Goktug and I stand silently while Cerkutay... is being Cerkutay. He's still going with the dowry and wedding jokes, and honestly, it's funny and annoying at the same time.

"He's being so obvious, but neither of them is saying anything," I whisper to Goktug, who nods. "I kind of wish they would, so Cerkutay will stop making jokes about marriage." I snicker, Goktug found Cerkutay's jokes annoying the most. "Why? Are they getting to your head?" I ask and Goktug rolls his eyes.

Before he can say anything in response, Osman Bey exits his tent. "This is going to be a difficult fight, Alps. You will wait for my word." With that, our small army of alps is lead onto the field, and from a distance away, we see the Byzantine commanders laugh.

Osman Bey orders us forward and we stand defensively with our shields as the enemies hammer into us. "Slowly! Fall Back!" I try to keep my balance as I hold my bow and shield in one hand, while I grip my sword with the other. "Fall Back!" Osman Bey yells and I see the commanders' faces change into one of victory. "Hold it! Haydi, Alplar hold on!" I hold my shield up as the swords clank against the leather.

Dukas tells his soldiers forward, and Osman Bey smirks in triumph. "Haydi, Abi," He whispers, and I suddenly hear hooves drumming against the ground. Gunduz Bey's voice rings out, "Attack!" Osman grins, "Alplar, Saldırı!!" 

I wish I could capture the look on Dukas and Nikola's faces when the rest of our army showed up. It looked like they had just seen hell itself. 

A Moment Later,

Me, Gogtuk, Gencebey, and Turhan were faced by the four Tekfurs. Honestly, I'm not worried considering they're all above the age of 40 and never fight. 

"You wanted to spill our blood, huh? Come at me then!" I taunt one of the Tekfurs, making him charge forward with his sword. I dodge his first hit and make him drop his guard when I swing, one of his soldiers block me. 'Why can't they ever fight fair?'

I lean back, dodging the sword, but the tip manages to nick my palm as I move away. I quickly move, killing the two other soldiers, and fighting the Tekfur once more. I fight to overpower him and push his sword down, quickly bring my sword up and slicing his torso. As I swing again to kill him, I hear the whiz of arrow, and a sharp pain strikes my left arm. (Yes, I'm making Boran get injured.)

I keep going though, slicing the Tekfur's throat and as I turn around, I hear Goktug yell, "Turhan!" 

I spin around just in time to see Goktug put his arm out in front of Turhan, blocking the arrow that would've struck his chest. Turhan just looks at him in shock for a moment, 'I guess Goktug doesn't hate him anymore...'

I pick my bow up from the ground and draw an arrow, shooting the archer in the bushes. Gencebey runs up to me, "Are you alright, Kardesh?" I nod, snapping the arrow, "I'm okay." I see Goktug talk to Turhan in what seems to be an apology. "Haydi, let's finish this fight!"

(I ain't killing Turhan.)

All the Byzantines have either died or have become our prisoners if they didn't run away. We walk on the muddy field, checking the bodies of our alps, distinguishing the martyrs from those who are still alive. "Boran, Where's Osman?" Gunduz asks, worriedly looking around for his brother. "I'm here, Abi!" I hear Osman Bey yell before I can answer. 

Osman Bey drags Dukas's body over and drops him on the ground. Osman hugs his brother, then comes to each of us. We treat the injured with the supplies we have, and I get the arrow out of my arm. The next morning, Osman Bey gives us the news, "Alplar, We're going home."

Gonca Hatun P.O.V

I sit in the Marquee with Bala, playing with Orhan and Melike when the drums beat. I hope Boran's back, he left for war a week ago and there had been no news since. I worry for him, especially since I know he'll never prioritize his own life. He'll always put himself at risk for others, it's just how Boran is.

Bala gets up, putting Orhan and Melike in their cradles, "Insha Allah it's good news and our men are back." "Insha Allah," I say back as I follow her outside. I stand at the tips of my toes, trying to find him among the group of the Alps riding into the tribe. My brave man, My Boran.

Finally, I see his happy smiling face as he rides on his horse behind Osman Bey. I let out a sigh of relief, my Boran is safe. The alps disperse to their families and I walk over to Boran, kissing his hand. "Boran'm," I say, looking into his shining brown eyes, "Gonca'm."

A/N: Ello Ello children, this chapter is a little late. That's because I have to go to someone's house for the 4th of July and I had to make cookies. But, I promise to give you some GonBor fluff tomorrow. :)

@FlowerTheCat made this on Pinterest and I think its the funniest thing everrrr! So good job

-Laraib