Sports Festival: Part 1: Showing off

"Can you not tie a tie?" Aizawa asks as we walk down the hall towards the 1-A classroom. Apparently, and somehow I missed this, he's my homeroom teacher, which is actually a decent idea. Don't gotta worry as much with quirk outbursts. 

"Never taught, never bothered to learn." I reply, as I look down at my shirt, which is at least tucked in, and other than the tie, I'm wearing the full uniform. My shoes are the same as the ones I got from the prison. 

"Hmmm. I suggest you learn. Moving on, do you feel up to being in the Sports Festival? You are going to be going up against rather powerful students." Aizawa asks, and I shrug

"I mean, I'm not worried, if that's what you're trying to ask. I have pretty good control over my quirk, and I don't really think there are many people in your class that could really stack up to me." I reply, and Aizawa raises an eyebrow

"You sound rather sure of yourself." 

"If not me, who else?" 

That response seem to silence Aizawa as we walk down the hall. As we come closer to the classroom, based on the 1-A sign about 20 feet up on the wall, I see a door closer to us get thrown open, and about 20 students walk out, talking or looking around with serious faces. 

"Aizawa. I take it this is the....transfer student?" A man dressed in a red and silver hero costume and x-shaped scar on his cheek asks as he glances at me. 

"Yes. He's going to be participating in the Festival today." Aizawa responds, as a few of the students seem to take a bit of an interest in me. 

"Doesn't that seem unfair, Aizawa? Putting in another student for your class?" The man asks, and Aizawa shrugs, but before he can respond, a kid from the class responds. He's a blond kid, with what just looks like a pompous attitude, and I'm soon proven right. 

"I agree! Unless he proves himself in some kind of test, he shouldn't be allowed to participate with us elites!" The kid proclaims, and a few other kids nod or mutter in agreement. 

"Now, hold on, he was selec-"

"Sure. You want some proof?" I ask, turning to face the blond kid, who smirks

"Whaddya got, ya pirate? Mr. Cyclops? What do you think you can do that stacks up the power of 1-B?" He asks, and I smirk. Clenching and unclenching my fists, I take in a small breath, then snap my fingers on my right hand. 

A white-hot jet of flame erupts from two of my fingers, those being my pointer and middle fingers extending about six inches beyond the tips. I quickly reproduce it on my left hand, fire nearly setting my clothes on fire. 

"That good enough?" I ask, and he scoffs

"Ooh, a party trick, not that impressive. Is that all you have?" He asks, and I narrow my eyes. 

"You want something more, huh? Fine." I snarl, pulling my jacket off, and then roll up my sleeves on my shirt. A few people's eyes widen at my scars, but I ignore them. 

Taking in another deep breath, I draw fire to my arms, and the let loose. Fire explodes from both my hands and forearms, actually singing my shirt, and forcing Aizawa to take a step back as orange flames with small tints of blue at the base. After about three seconds, I shut the fire off, and stare at the blond-haired kid, as steam rises from my arms, wafting in the air. 

"That enough?" I ask, as the kid backs up a step. I take to quick steps, and get right in his face. 

"Before you call someone out, know what you're talking about, cabrón." I snarl, using a Spanish insult I got from Chavez. Stepping back, I give them a two fingered salute, as my ears barely manage to pick up some quiet giggles from someone in the crowd of students. Seems like we have a Spanish speaker.......