Sports Festival: Part 3: True Power

"ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHT FOLKS, NOW FOR THE PICKING OF OPPONENTS! DONE BY THE ONLY AND ONLY MIDNIGHT!" Present Mic shouts, as Midnight steps up, looking around at the crowd of students. 

"Well, this is a youthful group! I hope you all can fight....now, here are the groupings!" Midnight says, spreading her arms towards the massive screen. 

Looking up, I spot my name in the far right. I'm fighting.....Shinso? That's the purple-haired guy, right? If I win.....I'm either fighting Shiozaki or Kaminari. And.....no offense to Kaminari, I think he's gonna loose. 

Let's see.....Iida and Mei....I guess the girl with dreads? Iida'll win that one.....Todoroki and Sero....yeah, sorry Sero. Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami...........hard to say. Probably Tokoyami. Mina and Aoyama......Mina, no question. Kirishima and Tetsutetsu....endurance match, no doubt. Bakugo and Uraraka.........yeah, that's a loss, Uraraka. Let's hope you can put up a fight. 

"Deku! You better win all your fucking matches! I wanna kick your ass in the final!" Bakugo shouts at me, and I chuckle. 

"Win your shit first!" I call, and Bakugo chuckles. 

"Alright! Clear the field, it's time for the first match!" Midnight shouts, and Bakugo gives me a small nod before walking away, heading up to the stands as me and Shinso walk up onto the stage, and as I stretch, flexing my forearms and shaking out my legs a bit, he just stares. 

"You boys ready?" Midnight asks, looking at both of us. 

"I am." I reply, and Shinso nods

"Yep." He says, and Midnight nods. 

"Alright boys....then....Begin!" She shouts, and I don't move, instead watching Shinso. He doesn't even get into a fighters stance, just letting his hands hang at his side. Interesting. 

"You know, there's rumors surrounding you. That you're an attempted murderer." Shinso says, and I raise an eyebrow. Interesting that he knows that......

Walking towards the purple-haired 1-A student who isn't a pervert, I let fire spark on my arms, and Shinso, to his credit, doesn't even blink. 

"So what? You just got too mad, and decided to kill someone?" He asks, and I stay quiet, still advancing on him. He narrows his eyes, and I can see him take a deep breath. 

"Tell me, how does it feel to be an orphan?" Shinso asks, and I freeze in place. 

"...............Excu-" I begin, but I suddenly feel my body freeze and my fire stop. 

"Heh.....surprised that worked. Now, walk out of the arena." Shinso chuckles, and I feel my body turn around. 

"WHAT IS GOING ON? MIDORIYA HAS TURNED AROUND, SEEMINGLY UNCONSCIOUSLY! IS SHINSO GOING TO WIN THIS EASILY AT THIS RATE!" Present Mic roars, but the sound barely registers in my mind. I'm just trying to break the control that reigns over me. 

I'm not going out like this....I made a fucking promise....Steel Wall......I ain't gonna let you down. 

Mentally gritting my teeth, I prepare for some pain. Pure Flame......Death Wish. 

Fire explodes from my entire body, charring my shirt clean off, as the sheer heat forces Midnight and Cemetoss back as Shisno backs up. 

"WHAT THE HECK? MIDORIYA JUST SET HALF THE ARENA ABLAZE! AND....MY GOD, LOOK AT HIM!" Present Mic, clearly in shocked over my current state. 

I'm covered in bright red and blistering burns, all over my chest and arms, as well as my lower legs and neck. Steam is rising from my hair and blood is dripping from opened cuts on my face. Turning around, I face Shinso, staring the purple-haired student down. Charging fire at my feet, I take off, and shoulder-check him with the force of a semi truck, sending him catapulting out of the ring, and tumbling along on the ground of the arena.